Nawlins_Jeaux
Accepted Solution

A135 S2326 Max Memory Upgrade

Greetings, all.

Gotta couple of questions concerning upgrading the memory on a Satellite A135 S2326 laptop.

1) Where can I find the maximum allowable memory for my system?  I can't seem to locate the information in the user guide or on Toshiba's website.

2) What type of memory should I install (e.g., DDR, DDR2, DIMM, SODIMM, etc.)?

Any, and all help will be greatly appreciated.  Since MS switched to Vista, the original 512 megs just doesn't cut the mustard, what with Vista requiring so much capacity to run effectively.

Thanx, y'all.

Nawlins

Frequent Advisor
Pensacola_Tiger

Re: A135 S2326 Max Memory Upgrade

Nawlins_Jeaux wrote:

Greetings, all.

Gotta couple of questions concerning upgrading the memory on a Satellite A135 S2326 laptop.

1) Where can I find the maximum allowable memory for my system?  I can't seem to locate the information in the user guide or on Toshiba's website.

Information for your model can be found by clicking the 'Product Support' link at the top of the page and using the matrix to navigate to the pages for it.  The detailed specs show that the max memory supported is 2 GB.  

2) What type of memory should I install (e.g., DDR, DDR2, DIMM, SODIMM, etc.)?

Toshiba recommends using Kingston memory, specifically the KTT533D2/1G module.  Other memory may or may not work - it's a crapshoot.  Do yourself a favor and get the exact module recommended.

Nawlins_Jeaux

Re: A135 S2326 Max Memory Upgrade

Thanx P'Cola... I'll check into it!

Nawlins