akstudy8

2nd HDD on A505-S6986

Hello,

I was wondering if I can install a 2nd hard drive on the Satellie A505-S6986, and where.  I would also like to know the required size, and interface.

Thank you,

Arvind Kumar

dvvdee

Re: 2nd HDD on A505-S6986

Yeah. my laptop is Satellite A305-s6905. I want to add secondary hard drive. But the box has no sata and power port. How to upgrade port to my laptop? and I can't add a massage to "read only" topic of Toshiba satellite a serie forum...

Outback

Hello there.

New member to this forum here, and with a brand new "6986" to boot.  I just picked up a "Seagate 640GB Free Agent" external hard drive, plugged it in to the USB port and it worked like a charm first time - no problems.  I keep all my personal files on it and all my OS and application stuff on the "C" drive.  In that way I can keep my important sensitive stuff locked up seperate from the computer when I'm not around.  I like to keep things simple and I don't know a more simple way than that.  Give it a shot.  Good Luck.

akstudy8

I want to install it internally.  I don't feel like dropping $100 or so on a drive that must always be outside the computer.