Karem

"Please plug in the bluetooth device and click ok button." while installing Bluetooth Stack.

I downloaded the latest Bluetooth Stack for Windows 7 by Toshiba (32/64) from (http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_bluetooth_TC00241200A.exe) and it's still not working.

I tried installing Bluetooth monitor as well, but "Microsoft Windows Bluetooth Stack" which is supposed to be installed automatically wasn't installed.

I have a Qosmio F55-Q502 and Bluetooth used to be working fine before I formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: "Please plug in the bluetooth device and click ok button." while installing Bluetooth

Qosmio F55-Q502 

Bluetooth used to be working fine before I formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate.

As I said elsewhere, according to the spec that model does not contain Bluetooth hardware. Is the spec wrong?

-Jerry
Karem

Re: "Please plug in the bluetooth device and click ok button." while installing Bluetooth

Thank you Jerry, I don't think the spec is wrong or anything. It's just that it used to be working JUST FINE with Windows Vista before I reformatted it.

Like, working and everything.

I know for sure that I was using bluetooth, so.. I don't know what to tell you.

There's a program included in the recovery media "Bluetooth Moniter" and in the description or the "instructions" it's supposed to "turn on" the bluetooth service.

Could it be that the spec is wrong? I'm not sure.

*I attached the description for furthur notice.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

This utility allows the user to turn on the Bluetooth device when using the native Bluetooth drivers included with Windows.  If using this version, do not install Bluetooth Stack from Toshiba.

Sounds like you installed something.

What have you got plugged into the machine? Or maybe it's not plugged in any longer?

-Jerry
Karem

Nothing, the only things I have plugged in right now are my external mouse and my headphones.

Nothing is unplugged either, unless it's an internal disconnection, but that's unlikely to happen.

:/

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I can't account for how you got Bluetooth to work without any Bluetooth hardware.

Can you find a Bluetooth device in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)?

-Jerry
Karem

No, I can't find any bluetooth device in the device manager.

I think I'll just give up, as I said before, it's just a feature I haven't used. And it's fine, but I'm positive it used to work before reformatting. :/

Anyway, thank you so much Jerry. :smileyhappy: I appreciate everything.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I'm positive it used to work before reformatting.

Mystery to me.

-Jerry
amshaw71

Hi,

I had a similar issue. The resolution was to cycle through the network modes with Fn-F12 (Wireless Radio). Likely you will need the application that controls those buttons installed. In the device manager, ensure you can see 4 bluetooth devices enabled and then make your connection.

Good luck,

A