Occasional Contributor
drakk72
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 home premium to ultimate upgrade.

Hello to all. I was wondering if upgrading from windows 7 home premium to windows 7 ultimate ,would effect my 3d and blue ray  movie play My laptop is the qosmio 875-7290. What if any  Are there any effects?

Frequent Advisor
drev9

Re: Windows 7 home premium to ultimate upgrade.

There should not be.  Just make sure to reload all of your drivers and utilities once you install your new OS.

AnToN_21

There is no problem at all actually my post before was because windows home premium had limitations of 16GB in the main search in windows type anytime upgrade ... and you will look one with windows logo there u can buy the upgrade or use code in my case I used promo free upgrade to ultimate and works perfect now my laptop is ultimate works like charm recognize the extra ram and I didn't had to reinstall drivers or anything since keep the same just make small update threw windows update , and keeps my license original that came with my laptop for the HOME prem 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

anytime upgrade

You did it correctly. Shouldn't disturb any drivers/peripherals.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
drakk72

:smileyhappy: Thank you for your help, i hope you have a great day .

Occasional Contributor
drakk72

• :manvery-happy: Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

For others who might install Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate clean by booting from a DVD...

You need to know that Windows 7 Home Premium already contains the additional features. One needs simply to unlock them. This process does not disturb drivers or any other installed software.

Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

Reminds me of days long ago in IBM when we increased the speed of card-handling machines by changing the size of a pulley. Yes, the price (rent) of the machine went up.

-Jerry