USEYOURHEAD

Where can I ask questions about purchasing?

My 2009 Qosmio is acting like its ready to die.  It's been a great Laptop.

I'm ready to buy a top of the line Qosmio - but I'M NOT GOING TO BUY AN UGLY RED SILVER ONE.:smileymad:

Where can I email Purchasing to ask about options?  It is WAY too complicated to walk through all the possible configurations over the phone.  And I don't like the hard sell.

You'd think Toshiba would want to let people who want to buy ... contact them.

Also, what are the chances I could pay to have a Qosmio put in a different casing OR anyone know if I could buy some kind of cover for it.

Sorry - but I'm not going to stare at something I hate for the next too years.

I really don't want to go to another brand.  If I get another Qosmio - it will be my fourth.

I'm a web developer, Graphic designer and I love to play games (like Witcher 2).

Sigh.  I bet I'm going to have to go to Alien Skin (or whatever it's called) and pay $5000 to get what I want.

I know there is some issue with Laptop Graphic cards.  Something about them not being separate like in a Desktop.  It's a long story -- but a desktop isn't an option for me.

I haven't found another Laptop with Windows 7 that has the huge hard drive space as a Qosmio.

Sorry for this befuddled message.  I have a new client pressuring me.  And I just started getting BLUE SCREENS.

If this is the only place I can get help ... I'll post specs on my current machine and the specs on the latest Qosmio I was going to buy.

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT LAST WEEK IF IT WASN'T SO UGLY.  IT'S NOT JUST ME - PCMAG ETC. ALL AGREE.

Thank you so much in advance. 

USEYOURHEAD

Re: Where can I ask questions about purchasing?

See attached for what I'm looking to buy.

USEYOURHEAD

Re: Where can I ask questions about purchasing? Ready to spend some $

Here's the stats on my old/current laptop.

Hope you can help.:smileysad:

Regular Advisor
alexuw

Re: Where can I ask questions about purchasing? Ready to spend some $

Ouch, your current Qosmio is pretty old; static CPU frequencies!

As for the x775 casing, you're stuck with it; you can't change it.

As for ordering help, ToshibaDIrect has the "Online Chat" feature you can use while ordering.  They can help you configure and answer general model questions.

========================================================
QOSMIO - x505 q8102X
i7-2630QM , GTX 460m , 18.4" screen @ 1680x945p