cwilson312
Accepted Solution

Qosmio keeps going into sleep mode

I read that several people, though not on this site yet, are having this same problem. The laptop goes into sleep mode only after a few minutes of being idle. I changes the powers to never on all and it still happens. Have no idea what else to do it's getting rather frustrating if anyone could help it would be great. Thanks.

Peter

Re: Qosmio keeps going into sleep mode

Can you check the laptop's full model and part numbers from the label on the bottom? Don't include the serial number.

- Peter
DougHennig

I have two Qosmio laptops with the same problem. Any suggestions?

Occasional Contributor
tsujni

Do you have a USB mouse plugged in by any chance?  If so, try awaking the laptop by pressing the power button.  Then see if it goes to sleep within 5 minutes.  If it doesn't the USB mouse is putting the laptop to sleep.  You can disable the "Allow this device to wake computer" options for the mouse in the device manager.  This problem is a really annoying Win8 bug.

DougHennig

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

This problem is a really annoying Win8 bug.

It sure is. Here is a similar thread - started October 2012 and still going on March 5, 2014..

Windows 8 unexpectedly sleeps after few minutes (less than configured)

Here's another way to fix it.

Power Options - Add "System unattended sleep timeout"

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
tsujni

Jerry,

I tried that as well and it didn't work.  Disabling the "power management" on the mouse fixed it most of the time; however, every once and awhile it will take hold again.  Win8 strangeness, I suppose.

-J