Dax
Dax

Qosmio X770 and 2.00 bios

has anybody updated to the 2.00 bios and tried to enable fast boot?  I updated my bios but i find if i enable fast boot Windows 7 will crash. Normal boot works fine.

P-77

Re: Qosmio X770 and 2.00 bios

How can I disable the fast boot option cause I have it enabled and my qosmio just freezes when the windows logo appears. I only get two options windows repair or start normally which then freezes and I cant access the bios or anything else. 

jerichorick

I did not have Fast Boot set before I saw this trouble in the forum so I tried it and YES it fails to boot.  

On first start, after seeing the freeze, I held the F2 key and got a repair launch message which I tried.  The reboot after the "repair" failed.

After two or three tries of powering down and powering up holding the F2 key I was able to get back to the Bios menu and reset the Boot start back to Normal.  Persistence paid off.

If this fails try removing all power, including the battery, and press the power button to drain all residual power from the start memory.  Put it all back together and power up, holding the F2 key. 

P-77

[ Edited ]

Got it. Press F2 before you start the laptop then turn it on, it will take you to the bios screen and then restore to defaults and should be ok. 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

What P-77 did in BIOS returns boot to default which is "Normal". You can also choose "Fast" or "Normal" boot by using HWSetup without having to go into BIOS.  Type HW in the Start/Search box, hit Enter and click on the "Boot Setting" tab.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
MisterPhillip

[ Edited ]

Thank you P77!!!!!!!

Many thanks also to jerichorick for switching your load option and PURPOSELY experiencing this problem! BRAVE person!

Thanks for clarifying what P77's action DOES CBWILSHA. I do appreciate your input as always :smileyhappy:

albino1234

[ Edited ]

Also experiencing the same issue. After the BIOS 2.0 update, fast boot is not an option anymore as Windows hangs (symbol freezes).

Using the normal boot at the moment.

Occasional Contributor
ahmedjb1

can u downgrade to 1.8 bios

albino1234

I tried doing that but unfortunately, the installer doesn't permit the downgrading process as the system already has the newer version.

Guess will just have to wait for another BIOS update to resolve this issue.

ahmedjb1 wrote:

can u downgrade to 1.8 bios

smavik

[ Edited ]

the same problem (Qosmio X775). Good action that I loaded bios defaults after reboot, that gave me the working system after bios update. But after back to fast boot option, "starting windows" will crash.
I was forced to read manual how to alive bios booting. Hold F12 and then press power button, F2...
The booting was so fast with ssd (500gb momentus was dead after 2 month), now such booting becomes annoying.

The time's come for Toshiba Support to make us happy!!!

smavik

I rolled bios version 2.0 back to 1.8 by means of cd-rom update procedure. It works!!!
Now system is with fast boot speed again.

Occasional Contributor
ahmedjb1

how do u do the cd rom update

smavik

1.Download bios 1.8 or version that you like fm toshiba downloads (click "+" to see all bois versions)
2.start downloaded file
3.choose "CD-ROM installation".
In short, you should create botable CD-rom fm the provided ISO image (in folder bios), boot fm it and make update.
I made bootable CD-rom using nero burning rom and blank cd-rw disc.
For more details read files isocdrom.txt and readme.txt in folder bios.

Occasional Contributor
ahmedjb1

can i use a dvd-rw to do it

SebringPlus

I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but I have to start somewhere.

I found this topic about 10 hours too late.  

I did the BIOS update last night somewhat by accident.  I intended to download the update and install it later, to shut up the notifier.  The update automatically installed when the download finised and locked up on reboot.  I assumed something major was wrong and called Tech support.  The first guy I talked to had me do a full system restore (wipe the primary drive).   This sounded a little goofy to me for a failed bios flash, but I assumed the tech knew how to read whatever trouble shooting manual he had on screen.   When this didn't help I called back.  The second guy wanted me to wipe the drive, but when I told him this was my second call he set me up with an RMA number.

Now I get to see how good my backup/restore software works.

The computer is great, but I'm really surprised about the tech support.

Occasional Contributor
ahmedjb1

should i install bios 2.1is it a good update i kno it fixes the windows logo problem