Accepted Solution

Qosmio X305 Recovery Disc

My Qosmio X305 came installed with Vista 64, and one HDD Recovery Area and one C:\ Drive.  I did make a Recovery Disc before doing the major changes. 

I had to put in the factory CD, and picked Vista 32 for most of my own program CDs to work.  I also partitioned C:\ Drive for Programs, and D:\ Drive for my saved stuff.  I left everything else to factory defults, including a (EISA Configuration) Partition.  I thought that this was the original factor HDD for recovery DVDs, but when I got everthing perfectly working and I wanted to Make Recover DVDs,

I press the Recovery Disc Creator Icon, and...

I got this message:

No HDD Recovery Area!

The Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator Can Not Be Launched. 

HELP!

Regular Advisor
nicholaiCUTE

Re: Qosmio X305 Recovery Disc

Most possibly that when you run the recovery for the first time you selected all the first options that you will see on the recovery wizard. Those options will definitely erase everything on the HDD including the hidden partition. That's why it is giving you that error message.

Toshiba Recovery Wizard > Recovery of Factory Default Software > Recover the computer without changing the HDD partition.

That is the order that you need to follow if the computer has HDD recovery partition.

But you mentioned already that you have created a recovery cd?

-----------------------
oOo
*Read EULA before installing any software.
:smileywink:

Re: Qosmio X305 Recovery Disc:

Yes I did.   But I am looking at disk management right now and there is an 1.46GB Healthy (EISA Configuration) Partition.

Please don't tell me that I have to DVD restore my Labtop, and then Factory CD restore my labtop, and then install all my programs and settings again.  I guess I would have to do what ever it takes.

Please do not undo your reply about the order of Recovery.  I will need to print it as the manual is so confusing.

Regular Advisor
nicholaiCUTE

Usually for the Toshiba Recovery Wizard using the Recovery CDs you need to select the following options:

Toshiba Recovery Wizard > Warning (YES) >  Recovery of factory Default Software > Recover from out of the box state

for the HDD partition you just need to select the other option for the third screen that will ask you if you dont want to change the HDD partition of the computer.

-----------------------
oOo
*Read EULA before installing any software.
:smileywink:
Qosmio-x305q705

Re: Qosmio X305 Recovery Disc

The recovery partition on my machine is 8.79 gB.

I don't know I did it, but I put in the Factory CD, and now, I have the HDD recovery. The Recovery icon to make Recovery DVDs, but all C Drive, all memory, no D Drive.  Trust me.  I want the Recovery HDD, and a C, and D, Drive.  I hope that I am not aking for too much.

I went to Computer Management, Disk Management, Shrink C: Drive, Rename CD DVD Drive to F:, Format unallocated to D: Drive.  I have everything that I want now.  I have the HDD make Recovery CD option,  a C: Drive, and a D: Drive.  All this was not in the manual.  I had to figure it out myself.

Make Recovery Disks.   In future, recover C: Drive only.