kovacs01

MATSH1TA bd-cmb uj141es firmware update?

[ Edited ]

I have a qosmio x505 870 and couldnt play a blu ray disc today.  it said my player needed to be updated.  i assume that is because of the constantly changing protections on BDs and that I need a firmware update.  is there one available, and if so, where is it found?  Thanks.

and by the way, it would not let me type the name of the drive manufacturer mat-sh*ta becomes mat**bleep**a.  brilliant toshiba!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: MATSH1TA bd-cmb uj141es firmware update?

kovacs01

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply Jerry!  I had already downloaded that, and it appears to be a bad file.  When I tried to run it, it said "error occurred in opening archive [114]".  I guess I will download it again and see what happens.

That said, I am not sure that the first link takes you to the right download anyway.  The first one says it fixed problems playing certain blu ray discs.  However, when you go to the download page it says "Change Points: This patch fixes a problem where noise is heard while playing the Avatar Blu-ray Disc."  Looks kinda like they have linked to the wrong download.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I am not sure that the first link takes you to the right download anyway.

If you go to this site and check for WinDVD BD patches, you'll find the same one.

-Jerry