sethia1

List of Drivers that work with Nvidia 360m on X505-Q887?

Salutations everyone,

If you have bought the Qosmio performance notebook you have probably run into a similar problem as me if you use it for gaming purposes. Toshiba has not released a new driver for the graphics card since the laptop came out! I've done what I feel is a significant amount of research (2+ hours) on the forums and the best I saw was someone saying that the 285.62 Nvidia Driver worked with the X505-Q887's 360m graphics card. Does anyone know of a more recent driver that will work with the tweaked drivers toshiba gives us? Preferably without the sleep/overheating/BSOD issues. If noone does can anyone confirm that the 285.62 driver works without problems? I can no longer play Diablo/Starcraft/WoW on even good graphics, everything must be turned to low, and I was once able to run graphics on Ultra. Thank you for your time all and I look forward to seeing the communitys thoughts!

Frequent Advisor
drev9

Re: List of Drivers that work with Nvidia 360m on X505-Q887?

How long has it been since the system was serviced, to have fresh thermal paste applied to the CPU and GPU?  From your mention of overheating and BSOD issues, I would suspect that heat is a bigger issue.  I usually have to clean the CPU and GPU surface and apply fresh arctic silver about once a year to keep temps low, and keep the system running smoothly.

sethia1

Re: List of Drivers that work with Nvidia 360m on X505-Q887?

It hasn't been serviced outside of the minor upgrades and clean up I've done to it myself, but I may not have said what I mean clearly. The forums I have seen about users downloading drivers that are not provided by toshiba have reported issues such as overheating and BSOD. My computer is operating fantastic other than I can no longer use it with the games I bought it for. I have regularly cleaned out the vent with canned-air and I have carefully cleaned out the keyboard of hair, dust, other things. My baby's in great shape except for the graphics :smileyhappy: