wallalon
Accepted Solution

Portege R835 USB 3.0 port problem

Hello,

The problem is that the USB 3.0 port continues to turn off shortly after connecting any device (mouse, usb memory, printer...).

The only way to restore it's functionality is to reboot.  I have continued to have this problem since I bought the computer.

There is no issue with the 2 USB 2.0 ports.

I have bios 3.0, win 7 64bit home premium.

Please Help!

Ngilb710

Re: Portege R835 USB 3.0 port problem

try going to properties for that USB 3.0 port and turn off the power-saving features of that usb port

jw8181

I'm not a techie but have had the same problem.  called Toshiba had me uninstall the ports and then re-boot as

it would re-set (tech said) the ports.  Still the same problem.  Told me to send in or reformat and I said that was not acceptable.  I bought it from OfficeMax and Toshiba said take it back and OfficeMax would give me a new computer, which they did.  Now problem is this thing is sooooo slow as was its predecessor.  I have a 4 year old HP that runs circles past this machine. 

Regular Advisor
alexuw

It's probably the Harddrive that's slow.  I'm guessing 5400rpm drive.

========================================================
QOSMIO - x505 q8102X
i7-2630QM , GTX 460m , 18.4" screen @ 1680x945p
Peter

A new BIOS update has been released that may fix this issue. Please see my post here.

- Peter
HeadRush

I just installed the new BIOS and will report back. My fingers are crossed. I have been dealing with this issue for over a year now.  Too bad it doesn't appear this new update addresses the SATA III interface not runing at 6 Gb/s.  I wonder if Toshiba will ever bother to address this issue.  I've been holding off upgrading to an SSD until this is resolved...

HeadRush

Update: BIOS 3.70 did resolve the USB3.0 issue!!!  Now they just need to fix the SATA III issue and all will be good!

Peter

I'm glad it worked for you. Thanks for letting us know!

- Peter