Occasional Contributor
Eohippus

How to enable writing on Adeobe Acrobat Reader PDF files?

I have an M700 tablet laptop.  I can use the built-in Toshiba software plus pen-enabled Microsoft Office to write on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents.  But I cannot do the same for PDF Adobe Acrobat files.  What do I need to do to enable this feature?  I have Acrobat Reader 9.  I can select images and text on non-secure pdf files, but I cannot scribble on them like I can do with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.

Frequent Advisor
lilmaqi

Re: How to enable writing on Adeobe Acrobat Reader PDF files?

You cannot edit/create using adobe reader. It is only a reader. If you want to create a pdf file you need the adobe acrobat software http://www.directormx2.com/products/acrobat/

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: How to enable writing on Adeobe Acrobat Reader PDF files?

I don't believe there is a way to enable your tablet to be used for PDF files that way. But if you really need to scribble on them, read on.

PDF files can be constructed in many different ways. Some of them can be written to with other PDF-creation programs. But those programs are very expensive. Last time I checked, Adobe Acrobat Professional for example cost $450.

But you can do it with IrfanView for free. Install IrfanView and the corresponding IrfanView plug-ins from here.

IrfanView

IrfanView Plug-ins

In order for IrfanView to deal with PDF files, you must also install Ghostscript,

Ghostscript

You can scribble on any image file using IrfanView's Paint Dialog (F12).

-Jerry