12-30-2008 05:37 PM
12-30-2008 09:24 PM
The Recovery process reformats the computer's hard disk drive, which completely erases its contents -- including all applications, all documents, and all other data stored on the drive. Be sure to back up your documents and other data before following the instructions below.
Follow these steps to erase the current contents of the hard disk drive and to re-install all of the software that was installed on the computer when it was manufactured:
1. With the computer on, insert the first Recovery disc into the optical drive.
2. Shut down the computer (click the Start button, click Shut Down, select Shut Down, click OK).
3. Press the computer's power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press and hold the F12 key. Release the F12 key when the menu of boot options appears.
4. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the CD/DVD option. Press the Enter key to select it.
The computer will restart, and will boot from the Recovery disc.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to start the Recovery process.
CAUTION: Once the Recovery process has begun, do not interrupt it.
The computer's hard drive will be formatted, erasing its contents. All of the software that was installed on the computer when it was manufactured will then be re-installed.
6. Once the Recovery process is complete, remove the Recovery disc, and press any key to restart the computer.
01-01-2009 07:44 AM
01-01-2009 07:12 PM
Call Toshiba at 1-800-457-7777, you can request for the recovery disc but you have to pay for the shipping, either $19.95 or $24.95.
If your system has the HDD partition, check under All Programs or the main desktop screen if you have an icon that says "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" If you have this utility then you can create your own set of recovery disc or you can run the recovery by tapping or press "0" the moment you power On you laptop.
Copyright © Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.