txwildflower

no wireless connection detected

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 laptop and have used for a few years. Three weeks ago I lost wireless connection on a Wednesday night. The computer said there was no connection available. It lasted for a couple hours then came back. The next night it happened again for a longer period. I originally thought it was the modem but was able to sign on with another computer. Everything worked fine Friday and nothing happened again till the next Thursday. I did every possible checkup and diagnostic I could find with no results. It got even stranger when everything worked until the next Thursday. For three weeks my computer says there is no connection available Thursday. I have Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC and Atheros AR5006EG Wireless Network Adapter. Both of these programs say they are working. I have no clue what is going on and am desperate for help.
oliloli

Re: no wireless connection detected

Hey there,

I don't know about special issues of your WiFi Chipset, but a basic thing to do would be to erase the wifi connection in your list.

Then reboot.

Then seek for new networks available, double click on your Wifi network name or - if hidden- create a new network connection.

Enter Password.

Connect.

If it is still not working, check also if a simple reboot of your router solve that problem. Even if other Chipsets connect to the router it may just has an internal error.

Do the reboot in the router menu.

If not possible, disconnect the router from via power supply for at least 15 minutes.

Best regards,

Oli

I love it ... I mean the keyboard of the tecra 9000 :-)
txwildflower

Thank You for your input. After posting this I did shut the computer down for a while and when I restarted the wireless was working. But if it happens again (which it probably will) I shall try what you suggested.

txmapa

I am having a similiar problem, have had my computer for 2 weeks. It is an A6660 series. When I turned my computer on this am, it says I wasn't connected. I troubleshooted and it said I need to turn my wireless connector switch on. Where might this be? I made sure the wireless antenna was on, but I don't see any other wireless connector switches.