huc1969

internet not working but connected

Hello, I have a TOSHIBA Satellite laptop, windows 7 L455D-S5976 .. this computer has worked great for over a year now, but the internet doesn't work anymore. It says i am connected wirelessly and that i have a strong connection, but when I try to browse the web it says i can not connect, or "Internet Exsplorer cannot display the webpage"  I have other computers going off from the wireless so i know that, thats not a factor.  I tryed turning off the wireless on the computer and turning it back on also uninstalling some programs, like Nortain security and.. also when trying to connect it said service station errror but i unistalled that but that didnt help anything, help please thank you,

chris026

Re: internet not working but connected

Hi! I also have the same problem. It says in my laptop that my connection is excellent but when I try to browse it says problem loading page.

• I recommend that you know the types of leather before buying garments or furnishings for your home.
• Remember to put important details on sticky notes so that it can remind you of them.
• The best site for info that I got was how to remove carpet on my own.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L455D-S5976

Can you reach the Internet with an Ethernet-cable connection?

When you're connected wirelessly, can you reach other computers on your LAN?

-Jerry
huc1969

No when I pulg an Ethernet cable and connect it though the line the Internet still doesn't display pages but says it is connected. Every other computer/laptop in my house runs the Internet wirelessly and though the landline perfectly.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

when I pulg an Ethernet cable and connect it though the line the Internet still doesn't display pages

Possibly corrupt TCP/IP settings. This applies to Windows 7 as well.

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

-Jerry
huc1969

i just tried to reset the (TCP/IP) both manully and by dowloading the fix it software on a flash drive, still nothing, i heard something about the windsock, would this be a help to me and if so how would i go about doing this, again thank you for the help

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Yes, maybe Winsock has corruption. This one also applies to Windows 7 too (the Vista instructions, of course).

How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and ...

-Jerry
huc1969

this did not work either, anything else i can do?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

"Internet Exsplorer cannot display the webpage"

Check over what's here.

Error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when viewing a website in Internet Explorer

And what happens with a different browser?

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
SandwichGuy

Check the network and sharing center and what is your access type? If it is Internet, try resetting your IE. If it still did not work, try to go first to safe mode with networking and check if you can connect.

nflo671

Re: Fix for Internet not working but connected

Hi I have a l775d-s7332 and It wasn't working so what I did was uninstall the atheros device and then installed it again.   I also enabled the REaltek PCIe FE Family Controller  and then restarted it.  To do these things go to your search bar on the start menu and type in device manager. Click it and click on  Network Adapters.  Then uninstall the atheros and then reinstall it (get the reinstall file from toshiba support website)  then enable the REaltek PCIe Family Controller.   REstart your computer and there you go!!!   This worked for me when the laptop says it was connected but the internet wasn't working.   Hope I helped!!!

-Nflo671

linceenc

Re: Fix for Internet not working but connected

How do I download the Atheros from the internet if I am not able to see the page?  Also, where do I go to enable the Realtek Family controller?  Sorry, not real savvy here.