dtownboys15
Accepted Solution

can't find my wireless network adapter/drivers

i know its a shot in the dark but i'm at a complete loss here, i have a satellite m45-s2692 and ive tried pretty much everything, the atheros drivers from the drivers page, pretty much everything.  when i run my intel proset wireless utility, it sends me to my device manager and i dont have a wireless adapter set up ( i do however have a "1394 net adapter #2" and "marvel youkon 88e8036 pci-e fast ethernet controller" set-up),  now i know its there because its built it, and i know it works, i just have no idea what the adapter is called. maybe im just overlooking it on the detailed specs or somewhere else. but if anyone knows anything that might help, i would very much appreciate it.

thanks - Jeremy

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: can't find my wireless network adapter/drivers

Satellite M45-S2692 

According to the specs above, your model uses the Intel wireless adapter (2200BG).

When you open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Network adapters, what wireless device do you see?

-Jerry
dtownboys15

theres no wireless adapters , just the ones for ethernet and pci.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

theres no wireless adapters , just the ones for ethernet and pci.

That normally means the card is malfunctioning.

Those cards are widely available.

The card is shown at the bottom of this pictue with the two antenna cables attached.

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Techman

The WiFi card is a mini PCI card.  So what does the PCI one say?  That sounds like it might be it.

This signature left intentionally blank.
dtownboys15

ahhhh, thx for the info, ima go look around at the mini pci and try to get some information on em. thanks a billion you guys, ill post back when i learn somthin.

dtownboys15

wow, i feel a little dumb now. after always being so careful with my laptop, somehow my pci card had worked its way loose and didnt have a good connection. after securing it back in place and restarting and updating drivers, it finally works. i guess thats the first place i should have looked.

you guys were amazing help, and without ya'll i would still be fumbling around about to waste money on a another card.

thx - Jeremy

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

my pci card had worked its way loose and didnt have a good connection.

Glad to hear you're back in business, Jeremy!

-Jerry