Ron344
Accepted Solution

Wireless will not connect to internet

My Wireless will not connect to the internet. It will ping my router OK, and it can see the other computers on my network. When Ethernet cable is connected all works fine. I also have Gateway laptop, working on system and it works fine wirelessly. Also 2 desk tops (Ethernet cabled).

I'm using: Toshiba Satellite A135-s4527. Athoses  AR5006EG adapter. Running 32bit Vista home Prem.

Tried the Intel updates & all driver up date I could find.

Any ideas?

CLNTEAM

Re: Wireless will not connect to internet

Did add your new computer to your router?

You must add Mac Address in order for your new laptop to reach the internet.

Ron344

[ Edited ]

At first post,Laptop was already added to network, and router alreadry has satellite's Mac address 00:16:smileyvery-happy:4:FE:C9:EF. Browsers still not connecting. Explorer or Mozilla .

Ron344

Problem Fixed. Uninsalled Wireless network adapter,  rebooted, let windows reinstall adapter. All working fine now. Thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A135-S4527

Interesting that the wireless driver was smart enough to let you see the other computers but not to see the internet.

Thanks for reporting what happened.

-Jerry
dfish

I am having this same issue - I have two routers on my network - one is an airport extreme.   My Mac on this network can connect fine, however my toshiba laptop cannot connect - sees the router but no internet access.  What do i do?