mr2turbo12
Accepted Solution

Wireless stopped working 2 days ago...FN+F8 are not working...

[ Edited ]

Toshiba L505D-LS5007

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

This past Monday my computer stopped connecting. The FN+F8 button do not work, but all other tabs show up when I press FN. I've tried downloading these updates to try to fix the problem:

Windows wireless Lan driver 

Toshiba Value Added Package

Restarted the system multiple times.

I've also tried:

-Resetting flash cards

-At startup press F2, F9, then F10

When I go to network connections, wireless isn't even a option for me to click on. It doesn't show up. Wireless light isn't on. When I bring up the wifi radar I get a message saying "wireless network device is disabled. Please turn on the device."

I really need help guys, I need wifi.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Wireless stopped working 2 days ago...FN+F8 are not working...

[ Edited ]

Try this.  Go to C:/Program files/Toshiba/TBS/TBSwireless.exe. Clicking on that file should toggle the wireless on/off.  Watch your wireless light while you click on  the file.

If that doesn't work, there is a support bulletin located here that addresses that problem for your machine.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
mr2turbo12

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply cbwilsha, I tried your first suggestion. It didn't work, I tried searching for TBSwireless.exe and my system doesn't show it. 

I tried your next suggestions and dl'ed the wifi driver from the bulletins, but it didn't do anything either.

Wireless is turned on in BIOS, but wifi still isn't working.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

The next thing to try is do a System Restore back to the day before you started having trouble.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
mr2turbo12

Just did the system restore and nothing changed.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Try a System Reset. Turn off computer.  Remove all attachments and battery.  Hold down power button 15 seconds. Reattach power and insert battery and restart computer.  Press F2 key when Toshiba splash screen displays to enter Setup.  Press F9 to reset defaults.  Press F10 to save changes and exit.  Answer yes to complete reset.  Computer will restart.

C.B.

mr2turbo12

That worked!!

Thanks cbwilsha, I appreciate it!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Glad we got it working mr2. Do me a favor please. Type TBSWireless in the Start search box and see if you now have that file. If you do and click on the file shown in the search results, it will turn the wireless off, assuming it is on at the time. So don't click on it and take any unnecessary chances. I just want to know if it is there since you originally said you could not find it on your machine. Thanks.

C.B.

mr2turbo12

No, TBSwireless doesn't show up.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Thank you for the info. I'm very puzzled as to why it isn't there yet we got the wireless to working again.

C.B.

Gaiteiro

Hi there

I had the same problem and I solved that following these steps:

- Download these softwares from http://www.csd.toshiba.com (according my version) and install them:

ConfigFree for Windows 7

Atheros Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7

- Then Restart Flash Cards

Start>All Programs>TOSHIBA>Utilities>Restart flash cards

- Press Fn

Will appear on your screen the Fn functions to switch on or off

NOTE: always when you need to switch it again you will need to Restart Flash Cards

horsedreamer

This forum is great! I had the same problem with wireless not working.  I did a search of My Computer for  TBSwireless.exe. Found it, clicked on it and just like that, my wireless was up and running again.

Thanks everyone! You rock!!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

We're just good, horsedreamer!!!  :smileylol:

C.B.

C.B.

stevelang1

Hi cbwilsha, I've had the same problem with the wireless adapters and intermittent problems with the wired. I have a C655-S5225. The wireless comes and goes...but is mostly gone and is completely gone now. Previously I tried the reset (battery out, hold the start button 30 seconds, F2, F9, save) and it worked to bring back the FN F8 option and to allow the Atheros wi-fi adapter to appear in the Device Manager. That no longer works. A month ago, I lost the Atheros LAN card as well (neither device would show up) and support said I needed to do a complete system re-install/restore. A very painful process :-( Both devices came back. The LAN is spotty, but almost always works. The Wi-Fi adapter was solid for the first week, than would only connect to our own WAP. than it began working everywhere....than 4 days ago it disappeared from the device manager again...and nothing seems to bring it back. I have uninstalled the driver and DL a new one from the Toshiba site. That was installed but did not help. I installed the TVAP. I used the Toshiba Network RADAR...but it simply says the device is turned off and to turn it on....which I cannot do as the FN F8 doesn't appear. I have looked for the TBSWireless.exe but it is not present anywhere on the drive. Would love to think there is still a solution....but I think its time to return this..... Any suggestions????
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Well, Steve, you've already done everything that I can think of.  If that "complete system reinstall/restore" was a recovery to out-of-box and you're still having problems seems to indicate you are probably having an intermittent hardware problem. If the machine is still under warranty, call 1-800 457-7777 for free Technical Support. Otherwise, I believe you are in bad need of servicing either at some local computer servicing facility or send to a Toshiba Authorized Service Center

C.B..

C.B.

Regular Contributor
stevedo

I have a similar issue...put my laptop in hibernation...when it resumed, no wifi and FN-F8 was not working. I removed the battery and held the power down for 15 sec...wifi appears to be back now. But FN-F8 still does nothing now. I have TBSWIRELESS...I clicked on it and that also did nothing to turn wifi off or on.

What is going on? Other FN buttons appear to work, but the little on screen icons are not showing at the top for even those FN buttons.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

First, do a full System Reset.  Turn off computer. Remove all attachments and battery. Press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds.  Attach Power and insert battery.  Start computer and tap F2 at the Toshiba splash screen to get in BIOS.  Press F9 to setup system defaults. Answer Yes. Press F10 to Save Configuration Changes and Exit.  Answer Yes to complete the process.  The computer will restart. 

If that doesn't work, do a System Restore back to the day before your problem started.  If that doesn't work, there are other actions to take shown in the earlier posts to this thread that you should read completely.

C.B.

C.B.

Regular Contributor
stevedo

I updated the Toshiba Value Added Package...something called Flash Cards in that package brings up the icons on top to describe the Function Keys. That seems to have resolved evrything.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

Glad you got it fixed, Steve.

C.B.

IT_Florida

I had this problem with the F8 button disappearing recently. My wireless device just went missing and it was hard to restore. The system reset did the trick. I did not download anything. Thank you. Before I had this problem, I've been having issues with the System Startup repair. For some reason, the startup keeps getting corrupted like every week and I have to repair or restore the system. If the repair fails, I have to do a system restore. I'm not sure if anybody else with a Satellite C675 is experiencing similar problems??? I do not know if the hard drive is failing. The user does not shake the machine. There is no history of drops of the computer. He only walks across the housing with it gently. He also keeps the computer plugged in a lot. We also have a history of transient faults and blackout power outages occassionally too.