nvyas

Wireless not working

I have Toshiba Satellite L305-S5875 laptop. I took it to my university and was using the university wireless to connect to internet. I put the system on sleep and when I switched it on back again, it could not detect any wireless networks. I restarted my system and after that my wireless light is not on and the computer does not detect my Atheros network adapter when I try to view it in the device manager. Can anyone please help me with this issue? My ethernet connection works fine.

nvyas

Re: Wireless not working

Followed the steps posted by Progie and got it working. yay!

Brainiac

what steps did you followed?... i have the same problem

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

That thread is here. Let us know if it helps.

Wireless quit working

-Jerry
Brainiac

well it didn't worked removing the battery and doing all that... i'll try again tomorrow.

girlgsxr1000

I have Toshiba Satellite p505-s8980 laptop. I put the system on sleep and when I switched it on back again, it could not detect any wireless networks. I restarted my system and after that my wireless light is not on and the computer does not detect my netgear adapter when I try to view it in the device manager. Can anyone please help me with this issue? My ethernet connection works fine.

Brainiac

The exact same issue...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P505-S8980 

the computer does not detect my netgear adapter when I try to view it in the device manager.

Device Manager does not see the router. You should see your Realtek wireless adapter under Network adapters. If so, what does its Properties say for Device status?

Wouldn't hurt to reinstall the driver.

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

-Jerry
girlgsxr1000

if i was to reinstall my wireless it doesnt help me for my satellite light to come on.  i think the satellite light needs to be on so it can find my wireless? im need help with the light for it to come on

calavetta

Make sure that the wireless switch is turned on in the front of your keyboard. The switch is located right under the light up Satellite logo. When this switch is turned on it will turn orange. Hope that helps!!!

girlgsxr1000

hi, yea its on and its orange still no satellite light