Fadi10Lebanon
Accepted Solution

Wireless not working neither Fn key

Hi,

my Fn key is not working as it does usually when it shows a sort of bar at the top of the laptop. The wireless also isn't finding any connection and when I diagnose they say to turn on the wireless with the switch or the function key but I don't have a switch in the laptop and the function key is not working although the wireless adapter is enabled. Only wired internet works.
Please help me.
My laptop is this http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/P750/P750-ST4NX2/
Thanks. 

Fadi10Lebanon

Re: Wireless not working neither Fn key

I could open the wireless by touching the touch key of the wireless but now the problem is the Fn key that isn't working.

Fadi10Lebanon

I found that it works but usually when I used to press it it would appear like a bar but not now.
Please help. 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Apparently, Fadi, you have discovered that you do have a wireless switch which is one of the media control buttons located between the keyboard and screen. As for the Flash Cards not working, type Flash in  the Start/Search box. Click on Restart Flash Cards and your Flash Cards should now appear at the top of the screen when you press the FN key. If they don't, type Flash in the search box again. Click on Settings for Flash Cards and make sure the box disabling them is NOT checked.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Fadi10Lebanon

Hello,
thanks a lot for your attention. There is no "RESTART flash cards". I found "Flash Card" that when I press it the bar appears for one second and disappears and I found "Flash Cards - Settings" in which the box that disables is not checked.
Thanks.
NB: If it helps, before, the touch keys were not working except the voice but now it does. I tried uninstalling the Toshiba value added package, reboot, install from toshiba application installer, reboot, but couldn't fix my problem. 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

Download and install the following file:    Flash Card Utility for P750-ST4NX2

If that doesn't do it, uninstall TVAP again and download and install this: TVAP for P750-ST4NX2

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Fadi10Lebanon

Sorry but I didn't know what to download

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

See my edited post above and the links will now take you directly to the files you need to download.

C.B.

C.B.

Fadi10Lebanon

when I was installing, they said "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features? I put ok ?

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Having done as you said, Fadi , I would run the file again and this time I would answer no. Some Toshiba downloads do that, ask about uninstalling first.  So if you do uninstall, you have to run it again to re-install. Hopefully, when you do that, your Flash Cards will be working again.

C.B.

C.B.

Fadi10Lebanon

THANKS!!! :smileyvery-happy: You are a genius!!
It worked! May I contact you later if I have problems. Thanks a lot! 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

You're welcome, Fadi.  I'm just glad we got it working for you.

C.B.

C.B.

dmoreau13

I am now having the same problem.  L650 laptop.  FN key + f8 doesnt work, but fn key works for all other f buttons.  Can you guide me to resolve this issue also?  

Much Thanks.

D

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

We can't help you unless you give us your complete model number as in my examples below.  Also, it would be best if you start your own new thread and explain to us what you have done to fix the problem yourself.

C.B.

dmoreau13

[ Edited ]

Ok. Sorry, but my model number is Satellite L650 Windows 7 64..  No other numbers after it.  

Problem solved.

I fixed the problem after reading several other threads regarding the same problem I had.  I tried looking for the "flash cards" in the search function but nothing came up. I then searched, found, then downloaded and installed the "Toshiba Value Added Package" from the Toshiba website.  It asked me if I wanted to "uninstall" it.  I said yes, then re-installed it.  Apparently the version I had on my computer was outdated or missing the "flash cards".  Anyway, after reboot wireless and all Fn keys are working properly again.  

Thank you for your help.

D.

empress

I have two similar issues. My fn+f8 key for wifi doesnt work(no longer appears for me to turn on/off wifi). I can only use my latop with a wired connection. C655d-S5518

However my other laptop A135-S4527, fn+f8 still works, but after I connected to the network, it still doesnt allow me to get on the interent. (I noticed that the globe was missing from my wirless status at the bottom right corner in the task panel)

PLEASE HELP

Tech_Tom

This may have a theme that I am not sure anyone has noticed. My Tecra A8-EZ8511X has the same issue, where my Fn functions are all but gone, All of my network connections are missing, though both LAN connect and wireless worked until recently. My Wireless went bye bye when I started to trouble shoot why I was not able to open the tools to connect to other Wi-Fi hotspots. Without the device being shown in Network connections, there is no way to link.

1 I am wondering if a service pack that may have been recently loaded could have caused this. Microsoft has some tech notes on the subject, but process to fix include remove the service pack. (Can't, no "remove" button); reinstall the lan driver. (Didn't work. Machine says it detects the new device, but it never shows up in Network connections windows and reboot after install of driver again does not complete the install.

2. A trouble shooting option was to go into Services and make sure that "Network Connections" was started. When I look at Network Connections, I find the service isn't even there.

Heading to these forums is almost a last ditch approach to figure this out. I am  hoping that my faith in tech support here isn't mislayed. Is there some update, or procedure or advice that can help me get functionality back?

waving burning embers and chanting to non existent creatures really isn't going to help. Any solid leads will be greatly appreciated.

v/r

Tom

deathmonkey

I have a Satellite L455D-S5976 and the WIFI button isn't working the FN button works for other things but not the WIFI and I am about to go on a trip and will need to be able to connect to WIFI can someone help
Fred3

I have a Toshiba P750 - 5N02 running Windows 7 64 and lost my wireless and use of the FN key. My backlit keyboard also no longer lights. I'm not sure what happened to cause this problem, but I must use a cable to access the internet. Can someone help me? Looks like this is not an uncommon problem.  Thank you..