nobu

Wireless internet doesn't work

Hello,

I have a problem with the wireless internet. I could use the wireless internet two days ago but it hasn't worked since yesterday. And the wireless indicator light doesn't blink and I can't even find the wireless internet icon. When I press Fn button, F8 doesn't show up at the top of the screen. It's suddently vanished! It looks like F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F9. F8 is the wireless internet switch.

I can only use the cable internet now but it is really inconvenient.

It seems I have completely lost the function of the wireless internet. I have no idea about it.

Please help me.

My computer is Satellite L500 Windows 7 Home prem.

Thank you.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Wireless internet doesn't work

Which Satellite L500?

-Jerry
nobu

My computer is Satellite L500 -00U, PSLS0C-00U012, windows 7 Home Prem.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L500 - 00U (PSLS0C-00U012)

Try installing this new WiFi driver. It should work for either 32- or 64-bit Windows 7.

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 32bit/64bit, 2007.1.1002.2009, 5/13/2010

TC00241700C_Realtek_Wireless_Lan_2007.1.1002.2009.exe

-Jerry
Enzo2011

hello, does this driver work for my satellite T135D-S1325SD??  have the exact same problem

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite T135D-S1325RD

This new driver should fix it.

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

-Jerry
Enzo2011

i've already downloaded this driver! and it didn't worked :smileysad:..

this is what happened.. i booted my pc so they told me that it will need drivers to connect to internet.. so now i've already downloaded a few drivers like this one TC00241700C_Realtek_Wireless_Lan_2007.1.1002.2009.ex .. since im new at this i just clicked on the links that had something about wireless on it.. i still cant connect to wireless internet and the icons at the top on the screen that appear when i press "FN" and F1, etc.. dont show up. The wireles anthena light is always in orange color no matter how many times i press F8..

please help me Jerry!

nobu

I've already downloaded the driver and retried doing it but the wireless LAN sitll doesn't work.

Do I have to do something before downloading the driver or I just need to do it?

If I format my computer, do you think I can use the wireless LAN again?

I dont really want to format it though.

Thank you.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Enzo2011 wrote:...
nobu wrote:...

Both of you try this. With the battery and the AC adapter removed, close the power-on switch for half-a-minute. That may reset the wireless so it works.

Otherwise, the only way to tell whether you have  a hardware malfunction is to restore the hard disk to its original contents using Toshiba recovery media.

-Jerry
nobu

I tried removing the battery and the AC adapter but the WLAN still doesn't work but somehow the cable LAN became a little bit faster. It was much slower since the WLAN didn't work. I think I will restore my PC to its original.

I bought this PC in Canada and am going back to Japan soon. I think I will ask Toshiba in Japan to fix it.

Do you have any idea how I got this problem. I would be able to avoid the same problem if you could tell me.

I really appreciate your help, Jerry.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Do I have to do something before downloading the driver or I just need to do it?

You do need to run Setup.exe after downloading the driver and then reboot. You did that, right?

I bought this PC in Canada and am going back to Japan soon. I think I will ask Toshiba in Japan to fix it.

Not a good idea. Best to get if fixed here in Canada.

I think I will restore my PC to its original.

Yes, I like that idea. If the hardware is okay, that should fix it.

Do you have any idea how I got this problem.

Nope. Sorry.

-Jerry