idlecaks

Wireless connection problems

I have 3 laptops.   A 5 year old VIAO running XP  and two year old Toshiba running Vista and a new one just bought in December.  It is a toshiba L505-S5990 running Windows 7.  The problem is with the New toshiba because the other two operate without problems on the wireless D-Link network.

The new toshiba will occasionally work with the wireless connection however 9 times out of ten the web pages will time out before they can even be loaded.  In addition, the connection speed is very, very slow. 

When I do a wired connection to the dlink, the web connectivity responds much quicker and is comparable to the functionality of the other two laptops that are wireless. 

I contacted the Geek Squad thru Best Buy and they could not help me over the phone.  Since this is a new laptop do you have any suggestions or resolutions to this problem? 

Could you also tell me if there are settings that can be adjusted for wireless connectivity or is this a problem with this model of laptop because I have seen other comments pertaining to wireless issues that don't look like they have been resolved.

Occasional Advisor
doofus

Re: Wireless connection problems

could be compatibility, since running windows 7, the router may only support vista or later version windows , check for firmware updates from router vendor.

Ethan2005

Same problem! just posted my problem and it went out again! 3 other laptops NO PROBLEMS! Geek Squad said new Toshiba is the problem? Then why did they push it? HELP PLEASE!

Occasional Advisor
archie_civil

thats what GeekSquat always say.. what a joke.

how old is your router? if your router is more than a year old, try updating the firmware of the router and check if its going to work.

if the router is more than a year old, then its firmware may not yet be compatible wit Win7 as Win7 is just 5 months old