Ces
Ces

Wireless communication off ..Satellite M645-s4070

Since I bought my satellite I have problems with its Wifi...but some weeks ago it started to work normally, but again I got this message that Hardware Radio Switch is off, but I can't find a way to turn it on, neither pressing FN + F8 nor trying to press this lightly button which actually has never work (like the others for volume, -, +..etc. which dont work too) is there any other away I can turn this switch on????? 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Wireless communication off ..Satellite M645-s4070

Satellite M645-S4070 

..which actually has never work (like the others for volume, -, +..etc. which dont work too)

We've seen cases where those buttons were revived by a machine reset. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for ten seconds.

Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

-Jerry
Ces
Ces

[ Edited ]

Hi, well I tried that, but didnt work and still my wifi is disable, anyways i want to disable these buttons, cause suddenly volume starts turning up and down and mute, and this is getting annoying.... is there a way to do this?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

still my wifi is disable

Maybe reinstalling the driver helps.

Intel Wireless LAN Driver

And see the section Wireless networking problems, which begins on p. 198 of the User's Guide.

Satellite M640 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
vdeveloper

I have the similar problem.

Toshiba Satellite M645 S4070 purchased few months back.

My Wireless adapter was able to see the list of connection available (there are more than 5 connection active as I can see on my mobile). Today morning I updated my Bios from 1.70 to 1.80 as I got email from Toshiba support for Bios update.

After restart, I am not able to see any wireless network links. Fn+F8 says "Wireless communication is disabled. Please turn on the wireless communication switch". And I also see a pop up "Hardware radio off". I tried uninstalling driver and then restarting the system but no success. Tried installing the driver fresh but still it doesn't work.

Looks like Toshiba has introduced a bug while fixing another bug or the Wireless adapters in Toshiba are faulty.

How to fix this extreamly annoying problem? This is affecting my business.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

vdeveloper wrote:

Fn+F8 says "Wireless communication is disabled. Please turn on the wireless communication switch".

You don't mention the wireless antenna on/off button. Doesn't that machine have one one the system indicator panel?

-Jerry
altahol

Re: Wireless communication off .Satellite M645-s4070

I am having the same problem with my Satellite M645-s4070.   I updated my BIOS and now I am unable to turn on my Wireless Radio.   Pressing the Wireless button next to the ECO button does not work.    Also, pressing FN+F8 does not work.   I tried to reset the BIOS to default settings by powering off & using the F2, F9, F10 Procedure that Jerry described.    I am now without a Wireless connection.    I am very dismayed that there is no way to enable the wireless Radio through the firmware.    The button/Wireless Radio seems to be permanently disabled.    Please help!

Russ 

JennM

I'm having the same problem on my new L750D, wireless worked for the first month or so then just dropped out. Fn+F8 = "Wireless communication is disabled. Please turn on the Wireless Communication Switch" (which does not exist on this model). Network mapping says the adapter is not connected or something but the device manager says its running fine, and running a connection diagnosis says I need to enable wireless by pressing the switch on the front of the machine (again, doesn't exist) or Fn buttons (which refer me back to the former!)

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, restored BIOS defaults (no update available or I'd have tried that), even rang toshiba this morning at the risk of being charged for support and they were no help ("now press th Fn button on the bottom left of the keyboard and, while you're still holding that, find the button at the top of the keyboard that says F8..."), they reckon it must be a hardware issue and I'd have to send it in (a last resort -.-).

I've heard of people finding a way around it through device manager but it doesn't seem to work with Windows 7.

The machines barely a month old, not good enough for such a basic problem.

JennM

Success! Not entirely sure how but I fixed it. I think this is how..

Start -> All Programs -> Toshiba -> Utilities -> Flashcards-settings then reset or turn flashcards off and on again

Seems too simple a fix but I'm sure thats all I did

ice9v2

Same exact problem on my M645-s4050

I've changed the drivers, done a complete system restore, and everything else I could think of...

ice9v2

OK Jerry, you're the bomb.

It worked for me:

We've seen cases where those buttons were revived by a machine reset. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for ten seconds.

Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite M645-S4050 

done a complete system restore,...

If you've restored the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media, you've demonstrated that the problem is not the software..

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It worked for me:...

Sometimes it does. Windows is fickle.

-Jerry
bb525

I tried everything and was ready to give up when I should have just tried Jerry's trick.  It worked perfectly.  Anyone still having issues, please do the power thing Jerry suggested. You are the man!

Saudi501

The solution

I Hope you can solve your problem. >>

Try this and it will work Insha'allah. Go to C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TBS then open TBSWireless.exe . I face ( Wireless communication is disabled - Please turn on the wireless communication switch ) when I want to switch it on, I try it on my Toshiba A660 and it's work. Tell me If it's work :smileyhappy:

Saudi_501 

HTurner

I have a Satellite L755D-S5359 and was having the same problem. I decided to browse through the forum before submitting a trouble ticket and came across Jerry's suggestion of:

..."We've seen cases where those buttons were revived by a machine reset. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for ten seconds.
Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart."

IT WORKED!!!!!

And that's why Jerry is a SUPER CONTRIBUTOR - Thanks Jerry:smileyvery-happy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L755D-S5359

You're welcome!

-Jerry
SKH
SKH

Re: The solution

[ Edited ]

I have a Satellite P755-S5320. After owning it for 30 days, I had this problem. Tried your solution and IT WORKED!! Thank you Saudi_501

"Try this and it will work Insha'allah. Go to C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TBS then open TBSWireless.exe . "

boxerboy

Hi Thanks it worked for my A660, very happy

BrandonJohnson

This worked for my same issue with M645-S4070.
"Try this and it will work Insha'allah. Go to C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TBS then open TBSWireless.exe . "
Thank you for the tip! I was beginning to lose hope.