D-ra

Wireless can't connect

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a Toshiba Satellite U300-13U and for years I have had no problems with my Wi-Fi.

Now, although my computer can see all the Wi-fi networks in range, including my PlusNet router, it needs me to reboot the computer and the router and re-enter the network password every time I wish to connect.

It seems to be resetting the IP address every time. It also resets the Security type from WPA2 to WPA and from AES to TKIP.

When I do manage to connect, I only have limited connectivity.

I do not have any problems with an ethernet connection and it does not suffer the same problem on other networks. PlusNet tell me that the problem is not with their router/connection, but my laptop.

I have re-installed my Realtek PCI and PRO/Wireless 3945ABG driver as per model and latest update on the Toshiba website. It has made no difference.

Could this be a case of the hardware/software not being compatible with the Router (Thompson Gateway TG585 v8)? Has anyone esle had a similar problem in the past?

Many thanks,

Danielle

Peter

Re: Wireless can't connect

That doesn't appear to be a US model, and this is the forums for Toshiba USA. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region. If it's a European model, you could check the Toshiba Europe forums.

- Peter