dhruboroy
Accepted Solution

Wireless adapter auto switch-off - Toshiba Satellite P755-S5215

I'm faced with a weird issue with my 10-month old Toshiba Satellite P755-S5215 running Windows 7. Whenever the laptop is running on battery (i.e. without AC support) the wireless adapter keeps turning itself off, and the active connection is imediately terminated. Pressing the wireless button does not work; I need to repair it using the network diagnostic utility. The connectivity comes back for a few seconds before history repeats itelf. The reason I'm suspecting this to be a software issue is that the problem never arises when the laptop is plugged into a wall socket. Has anybody else faced a similar issue? Kindly advice.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Wireless adapter auto switch-off - Toshiba Satellite P755-S5215

Type Dev in Start/Search box and click on Device Manager. Double click Network Adapters and double click the Wireless LAN Adapter. Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A505-S6981

If CB's suggestion doesn't take care of the problem, see Microsoft's KB928152.

-Jerry
dhruboroy

Thanks CB and Jerry. It was indeed a software issue, and it was resolved on adjusting my power plan to allow for maximum wireless performance.