mbsuoja

Wireless Adapter or Access Point problem

I have a Satellite L505-S5990. Over the last few weeks I have occasionally had to manually connect to my wireless internet. Recently, I am unable to even do this and currently have not connectivity. I have had the message, "Problem with wireless adapter or access point detected". I'm not sure what this means. I don't have any wireless adapter plugged into my laptop. I don't know what an access point is.
Can anyone help?
Peter

Re: Wireless Adapter or Access Point problem

The wireless adapter is the part of your laptop that receives the wireless signal, and the access point is the device that "broadcasts" the wireless network. When you connect with wireless, your laptop's wireless adapter is connecting to your wireless access point. You may want to try these suggestions:

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi (Wireless) Problems - Windows 7

- Peter
mbsuoja

Thank you for replying. I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions on the link you attached and was unable to re-establish wifi connectivity. It seems that my problem is not with software or drivers. I am still receiving the error message, "problem with wireless adapter or access point detected". I'm assuming it is a hardware issue.
gabhann

connection between access point router or cable modem  and the internet is broken 

what to do?