pietroSV

Windows 8 + Wifi connection problem

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I have problem with Toshiba Satellite L855-14D notebook with preinstalled Windows 8 x64.

I have home wifi network, router is set with WPA2-PSK protection, SSID is broadcasting.

This notebook is 2weeks old, there were no problems with wifi, it always connected without problems. Yesterday, it suddenly forgot my network, when I redefined connection properties, nothing helped. Network is found, then it dissapears. When I try to connect to it, it says: error connecting.

I tried also setting no protection to my router, nothing helped.

I installed latest driver for win 8 x64 for wifi adapter Atheros AR9485WB-EG, same result.
My network works, 2 Android phones can connect, 1 notebook with Windows 7, too. Only this notebook with Windows 8 has problems

Thanks for any help

Peter

Re: Windows 8 + Wifi connection problem

That doesn't appear to be a US model, and this is the forums for Toshiba USA. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region. If it's a European model, you could check the Toshiba Europe forums.

- Peter
pietroSV

that's very important, if it is US model or not. LOL

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L855-14D (PSKFWE-00N00LSK) <- Slovakia

We have only the stuff for US computers at this site. The drivers for your model are here.

Windows 8 has pretty good troubleshooters. See Use an automated troubleshooter here.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

-Jerry