LichSu

Windows 7 Drivers for Satellite C855D-S5106

I hate Windows 8 and I want to use Windows 7 ...

Where can find Window 7 drivers for it, please!!

Peter

Re: Windows 7 Drivers for Satellite C855D-S5106

Windows 7 drivers were not made for that model because it was designed for Windows 8.

Have you tried selecting the Desktop tile in Windows 8? Desktop mode is almost identical to Windows 7. The only difference is that instead of pressing the Windows key to open the Start Menu, it brings you to the Start screen. The Start screen has the same functionality as the Start Menu.

- Peter
floridaservice

Sonme of us cant use windows 8 because of backward compatibility or client specific requests. Where can i go to find an applicable network driver for windows 7 64 bit?  

thanks

Peter

You may have some luck with a driver for a previous model, but Windows 7 isn't supported, and Windows 7 drivers weren't made for it.

- Peter
radloffe

Windows 8 on a non-touch device is worthless, especially when the device is running with less processing power than a 10-year old XP machine.  For those of you searching for a way to keep this laptop out of the trash dumpster, here is the path to sanity (it works on the S5106 too):

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Satellite-Laptops-all-other/How-I-installed-windows-7-on-a-Satellite-C8...