zyekcim

Wifi is connected but no internet access

Hello, my computer has been acting up for 4months. I try to connect to my home's router and it says it is connected but says no internet access, it also says at the top, currently connected to unidentified network underneath that it says no internet access. Every once and awhile it will pop up saying there is an IP conflict with another computer, my parents' laptops connect fine yet mine won't. They also have that message appear sometimes. Can someone help me get my computer fixed so i can enjoy it once again. I have a satellite A665-S5173. Thanks
zyekcim

Re: Wifi is connected but no internet access

Btw whenever I try to plug an Ethernet cord into it, it does the same thing.
Drivers: Intel(R) wifi link 1000 Bgn
Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter
Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter #2
Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A665-S5173

whenever I try to plug an Ethernet cord into it, it does the same thing.

That tells us the connecting hardware, drivers, and so forth are not the problem.

Sometimes, it's in the registry. These should apply to Windows 7, as well.

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and ...

-Jerry
zyekcim

I ran these two and nothing changed on my computer :/
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Have you recycled power on both the modem and the router?

-Jerry
zyekcim

If my that you mean unplug them both and plug them back in, yes. Btw my computer is the only computer in the house that cannot connect. And at school, I can't connect to the internet either.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

What happens when you boot in Safe Mode with Networking and plug your Ethernet cable directly into the modem?

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)

-Jerry
zyekcim

[ Edited ]

Well, i did what you said and plugged the ethernet cable into my laptop and booted it with safe mode with networking. Nothing changed. I did take some screen captures of my networking area to see if you see anything out of the ordinary.   Here is one of my windows firewall options. Im not sure if that has to do with anything though. the images were working when i posted it so i just added them as attachments.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You might try the free trial of Cisco's Network Magic to see if it can locate the trouble.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
pinoywasp

Hi,

Did you try running command prompt as administrator then typing the following commands:

netsh winsock reset catalog

ipconfig /flushdns (there is a space between ipconfig and /)

If you havent tried these as administrator, run the "netsh int ip reset reset.log" as well.

Of course a restart is needed to make the changes take effect.