Erick_Glez

Wifi connection problem (Satellite A665)

Im able to connect, but whenever I start a download, after a while, i just lose connection, the PC tells me that the network adapter is not ON, the led shows that its actually ON, i turn it off & on and still doesnt work, the only way of solving this issue so far, is to restart the computer. Its a brand new Toshiba

Anyone else with this issue?

any solutions?

Thanks in advance

infoseeeker

Re: Wifi connection problem (Satellite A665)

[ Edited ]

Satellite A665-S6059

I am having similar issue except mine will NOT connect wirelessly -

error ""Wireless Communication is Disabled. Please Turn On the Wireless Communication Switch"

-->Have gone through the manual, turned on antenae, FN F8

--> all services running

-->updated the drivers, which caused a crash - did a sytem restore...

Anyone with a solution ?  Was depending on this this week for remote work...

Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A665-S6059

Maybe this one?

Satellite A665D-S6059 

Wireless Communication is Disabled. Please Turn On the Wireless Communication Switch

There are two switches on that model.

Satellite A665- "Wireless Communication is Disabled. Please Turn On the Wireless Communication Switc...

-Jerry
Wray

Your solution does not work. And spending a total hours on the phone or waiting for a call back and taking to 3 techs,still no wirelees, Worked for two months and then just quit and started giving me the message to turn on wireless or radio is off.

FloortjeLee

I'm having the same problem on my A665-S6050 laptop.

The internet will turn off for no reason, showing a red X through the icon by the clock that usually has the wireless strength listed. This is preceeded by a *ding* and a pop up notification saying: "Intel Wireless Adapter is turned off". When trying to turn the wireless on (as suggested in previous advice), it does not work. Going into the Intel Wireless Display does not help either; all options are greyed out and "enable wireless adapter" cannot be clicked. Only way to turn on the wireless adapter again is by restarting the computer.

When I open my device manager I have 4 network adapters listed: 2 Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapters, an Intel(r) Centrino(r) Advanced-N 6200 AGN (which is the listed network adapter when searching for the specs), and a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.

Quite frankly, I'm extremely sick of restarting my computer 4 or 5 times a day. I rely on the internet for my job and I'm at my wits end.

Any suggestions?

mosabtec

Hello , I had the same problem but thanks for Allah I fix it :

the steps :

1. Download Toshiba Value Added Package .

from here VAP

2. Download Realtek Wireless LAN Driver

from here realtek

3. Restart .

4. Have a fun with the internet world .

I forget to till my laptop is A665-s6065

{{{{{{{{{{ thanks }}}}}}}}

jefflarson57

I have been having the same problem since yesterday morning (11/10/2010) with my a665 s6086.  It seems this is a very common problem but I have not read an answer that works.  IF.. this problem is so common, why is there not a solution out there?  any help is appreciated.  I have called tech support twice so far

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

For those of you with Windows 7 whose wireless drops out..

Whichever power plan you use, try resetting the wireless to Maximum Performance.

Let us know the results.

-Jerry
jakef760

Hi,

I had the same problem finally fixed it by going to the wireless card configuration page, advanced then:

Turned off the 40mhz Intolerant, I turned on the afterburner and then I changed the AP compatibility to broader compatibility. Turn off all Bluetooth options under advanced tab. Yes the Bluetooth will still work but the card will not attempt to use Bluetooth for Wifi. I finally got a max speed of 72mbps.

Good luck because the max for the card is only 90mbps. Cutting cost I guess. ;-(

Oh before doing this my speed was 3.6mbps to 45mbps. Using a N+ Belkin 300Mbps modem

TaraPC

I am having a similar problem with my Satellite A665-S6080.  My wireless goes through a continuous cycle of dropping and reconnecting.  I returned the original Toshiba I had because the help desk told me it was a network card problem.  This computer does the same thing.  When I connect with an Ethernet cord I have no problem with the internet.  I also have an HP laptop that is able to connect to the wireless with no problem.  I have downloaded the latest driver from the Toshiba website.  I changed the power settings to reflect the tips in this forum.  I am at such a loss! HELP!!!

-tara

hayd

My laptop its a665-6050 i've tried that and several other options in this forums and the issue just keep happening.

gonestacmac

I bought my A665-6050 Jan 2011, and have had the same problem since I took it out of the box. I think I may have figured this out!!!

device manager>network adapters>right click any and all one at a time>>properties> power management> UNCHECK "allow computer to turn off device..."

I've called Toshiba support six times, and was told its a "bandwidth issue" and I have comcast cable internet, fastest they have...

I had a $300 Acer from walmart, and had better tech support. and it never once did this!

Good luck everyone, let me know if this works for you too!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

carolynreais

Jerry_Lippey - tried your fix, it helped for a few hours then, WHAM-O! back to the same old same. sigh

Hello :smileyhappy:

i too have this problem with my Sat a665-5199X,  I have had it for a couple of weeks and have been on the forums numerous times to find the solution. Im a novice but with direction can do most things, even if I hve to do a google search to figure it out.  lol.  I have tried a few of the suggestions and none have fixed the problem.

BIOS 1.8, had to google to find out where to find that little tid bit. 

Anyway, Im up to my eyeballs with this issue. Who wants to deal with this mess on a daily basis.?!? I can still take this computer back however I love everything else about it. 

Has anyone found a solution?   Would you recommend returning computer and purcashing a different one? If so, which do you recommend?

Thanks for your time.

greg4marlo

After being on Tech Support for like 3 hrs. I finally have it for you I think.

What has happened are the touch buttons on the top of the computer have somehow or some way been turned off. Or just don't do what there espoused to do. So you have to do it manually.

You do this by going to your computer

open drive C:

open programs

open Toshiba Folder

in the Toshiba folder open TVAP

Then open the TVAP_set button

your screen will flash for a second but touch the wireless button now. And see if that helps you. I just double checked it so it should work.

Good Luck

Greg

oddie3500

Hey all I figured it out and have not had one problem in 3 days. Here is how I did it.

C:

Program Files

TOSHIBA

TBS

TBSWireless.

I have windows 7 ultimate. I hope this helps everyone

richarddouaihy2

Hey Jerry,

I have a Satellite A665-06F and the Wireless Switch button is not switching back to ON! The Fn+F8 is not helpful neither since the Wireless is off.

Any help with that ?!

Thank you!

misaelnasci

I want to thank you very much for the support. After 3 hours looking for a solution, you came thru. I appreciate the help...

jlw622

Will this fix work with the a665-s5173?  I'm scared to death to do ANYTHING now!  This has been a freaking nightmare!

Carmal

This worked PERFECTLY - like a CHARM!!! THANK U!!!