edsonlopes

Wifi Driver + M505D-S4930 + Windows 7 = Don`t work...

Hello, I have a Toshiba M505D-S4930 that comes with Vista, but I installed Windows 7, all drivers work`s well, but my Wifi doesn't work very well, and I cannot connect to Lan/Internet, even is he is turned on - the front button.

I tried every thing on Toshiba Download center (tried to install 8 times!), but still don't work... How can I work around with this problem?

My screen capture:  http://www.celuladigital.com.br/hospedagem/edsonlopes/Placa_Wifi_M505D_1.png

edsonlopes

Re: Wifi Driver + M505D-S4930 + Windows 7 = Don`t work...

For those ho don't want to see the image, the driver recognized by Windows 7 (seven) was:

Realtek RTL8192E Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC version 6.1121.910.2009

I have: 

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600

BIOS Version V1.40

Can some one help me?

coloncapital_D

I know it's probably past the point of doing, but did you make sure of the drivers when you were in Vista?

I would have run a program like My Drivers or even the command line driverquery.exe to make a list of drivers and find out which drivers your working systems was using and then find the matching drivers for the version you were upgrading to.

I have a P305 and an L505 and they both use Intel drivers for the WiFi.  So I didn't install the Real-Tek ones.  I can't say if that is what is happening for you, but if nothing else, you could restore and find out the right drivers and then try again.

edsonlopes

The only way I found a solution that works 80% fine (because it works only on "G" band) was here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/realtek.htm#wifi

For now (I found this link only today!), it works for me... I will wait Toshiba come with something better on her Download Center...

Thanks for the attention!

coloncapital_D

Glad that you found it.  Are you liking Win7? Or is it too soon?  I just loaded it up on my P305, 64bit though.

Toshiba had all of the drivers which is why I'm surprised you couldn't find the one for your WiFi...

I just wish I could get my access button for the sound to not bring up the UAC...  I haven't played with that much yet, I just got it loaded last night.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

coloncapital_D wrote:

Glad that you found it.  Are you liking Win7? Or is it too soon?  I just loaded it up on my P305, 64bit though.

Toshiba had all of the drivers which is why I'm surprised you couldn't find the one for your WiFi...

I'm not.  Different chispets require different drivers so it's no surprise that not all of the drivers are available for one system while they are for another.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

zac4deal

Re: Wifi Driver + M505-S4945 problem

finally I enetered to the platform of windows 7...

had prob with upgrade assisitant during insatllation of realtek audio driver/software for windows 7.

so...i opted clean installation by going to 32 bit set file...

the wifi adaptor driver (version 12) provided by toshiba won't work with M505-S4945 or it will stop working soon.

So, I searched for driver (Inter Pro wireless lan adaptor 5100 AGN) in Intel site got new driver version (13) which only work with windows 7. After the installation, my wifi problem is over... i started liking windows 7....

vladimirtampa

could you elaborate a little bit more on the solution that you found because I'm having the same problems

wcoutinho

Após muita pesquisa consegui arrumar a wireless do notebook.

1 - Olhei na parte inferior do notebook que tinha uma referencia de wi fi certification - RTL8192E

2 - Pesquisei na internet o drive RTL8192E no site

http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/wireless_networks/companies/realtek/models/rtl8190/13170.ht...

3 - Instalei com sucesso.

Brasil * * * * * Penta Campeão

Wallison Coutinho