edoardo
Accepted Solution

WIFI Stop Working Toshiba M645-S4050

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am having a problem with my WIFI card.. my computer is TOSHIBA SATELLITE M645 S4050, it has WIFI and WIMAX Together, the issue with my computer is when i am connected with my WIFI About 2 or 3 Hours it stop of work, and show me the message "your wifi device has been removed", to fix this issue i have to restart my laptop and it start working again.. but in the same time the failure come again.. i have updated the driver and now.. it does not find any wifi connection.

i only have like 18 days with my new laptop.

what can i Do??? it is a hardware problem or software? anyone have this issue and fix it?

the Wireless is Intel centrino advanced-N  6250 AGN

this happen with battery power and AC power supply i am on Windows 7 64 bits  

Please Help Me..

edoardo

Re: WIFI Stop Working Toshiba M645-S4050

Hi, i was looking over the net and i found this and these works for me..

i have kaspersky antivirus 2010 i never though it was the problem.

I just go to control panel and then go to uninstall and then Repair Kaspersky Antivirus 2010 and restart my computer and it again start looking wifi networks ... i am already connected right now with my computer.

thank you..

Occasional Advisor
pacman

thanks for your sharing your solution. Hope this would help other customers who were having the same issue like yours..

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

dar
dar

[ Edited ]

I have the same laptop and also have this problem. Sometimes,  the message "your wifi device has been removed" shows and I lose my internet connection. Whenever I restart, it is working again. 

I do not have Kaspersky installed though. 

My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essential. I also have Comodo Firewall and Super AntiSpyware.

Edit:

I want to share this solution. It seems the computer automatically turn the devices off to save power. Hopefully, everything is okay now. =)

1. Go to "Device Manager" (type device manager in search box)
  2. Look for "Intel(r) Centrino(R) WiMAX Adapters" expand then right click "Intel(r) Centrino(R) WiMAX6250 Function Driver" then choose "properties"
  3. on the "power management" tab, uncheck the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  4. Do the same for "Network Adapters":
  • "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6250 AGN"
  • "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" 
  • "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2"
  • "Realted PCIe FE Family Controller"

adhocal

I am a tech at a university and I have seen this behavior on at least one Toshiba (Satellite M645-S4050)  at this point and have heard of others.  This one is running W7 with Centrino Wimax 6250 card.  Unit insists that the card is turned off and that the hardware switch needs to be used to turn it back on.  Toggling external switch makes no difference.  Have gone in and turned off all power settings that allow computer to turn off wireless adaptors etc. Restarted computer...reinstalled adaptor...anything else that I could think of ...running AVG antivirus...find it hard to believe that antivirus could "turn the actual card off".   Pretty much have given up on this unit and told student to take computer back to store and buy something else.  If someone has a solution, I would appreciate it, since I am sure that other students will have same problem and not be in position to take unit back.

Isabeau46

I have an A665-S6050 where the WIFI stopped working although I have turned off the sleep mode.  I called Toshiba and they directed me to thedownload page where there is a new driver.  They said that the manufacturer had not installed the correct one. :smileymad:

Everyone - please check the download page!!   Good luck!!

Applicable Models:

Portege R705-P25
Satellite A660-BT2N22, A660-BT2G22, A660-ST2N01, A665-S6055, A665-S6056, A665-S6057, A665-SP6003M, A665-S6065, A665-S6070, A665-S6067, A665-S6050, A665-SP6002M, A665-SP6002L, A665-SP6001M, A665-SP6001L, A665-SP6004M, A665-SP6004L, A665-S6054, A665-3DV1, A665-3DV, A665-SP6003L, A665-S6058, L630-BT2N22, L630-ST2N02, L630-ST2G01, L630-ST2N01, L635-S3015, L635-S3010WH, L635-SP3001L, L635-SP3006M, L635-SP3006L, L635-SP3004M, L635-SP3004L, L635-SP3003M, L635-SP3003L, L635-SP3002M, L635-SP3002L, L635-S3012, L635-S3010RD, L635-S3010BN, L635-S3010, L635-SP3001M, L635-S3025, L635-S3020WH, L635-S3020RD, L635-S3020BN, L635-S3020, L635-S3012RD, L635-S3012BN, M640-BT2N22, M640-ST2N01, M645-S4048, M645-S4049, M645-SP6001L, M645-S4055, M645-SP6001M, M645-S4047, M645-S4045, M645-S4050
Satellite Pro L630-EZ1310
Other Models All models having model/part numbers beginning in PSK05U

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Isabeau. It must be this Intel driver, posted on August 3.

Intel Wireless LAN Driver

-Jerry
Dana1

We have Kaspersky on ours also.  after several weeks of this shutdown wifi issue, found your forum and downloaded and installed the latest wifi driver for win 7 64 bit. Two days now of blissful uninterrupted streaming video, not one issue! Thanks for the tip. Also, didn't have to do anything with my Kaspersky configurations.

TheMike

This driver did not work for me.  My issue is a little different than the previous problems with the WiFi.  I purchased this Satellite M645-s4050 last month and right out of the package up to now I have had a WiFi switch problem (at least I think that's what it is).  When the computer boots up, although I am within range of my router/network (of which I have already set up), it doesn't recognize that the wifi is on.  It says that there are no connections available.  I have to turn the wifi off on the touch bar above the keypad, then turn it back on.  Once I turn it back on, it recognizes the network and connects in.  Every time I log off, the computer sleeps, or I turn it off, it disconnects me and I have to reset the wifi to connect (turn off the adapter and then back on).  Also, the entire time, even when it says there are no connections are available, the wifi light is on on the front of the laptop.

This is not an occurrence just with my router/network either.  When I travel and connect in to other networks, the same situation exists.  I have installed the driver mentioned and it didn't help.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

antoni810

This worked for me on my A665

Press the FN key same time as the F8 key.  This should tell you if WiFi is on or off.  If OFF

When next screen opens  click the WIFI  button on the left and hold.  Then  point to  the  WiFi button on the left..When u point to that button , it should enlarge.   Click on that ...it should disappear.

Than start again WITH PRESSING BOTH fn AND F8 to see if your WiFi indicates ON now

If not...do it again.    Make sure that WIFi button enlarges.

After this , take the othe advice to make sure the POWER SAVER is not turning off the WiFi  after a few mins/hours of inactivity

oakleaf

The comment that this issue is solved is bull crap. After a couple weeks of blissful use, I started having the same issue as the first poster. It kept insisting that my wifi was switched off. Wifi functionality was erratic (along with the media keys). Sometimes a cold power off worked, sometimes not. I don't have any of the anti virus programs mentioned either. I downloaded the latest drivers also to no avail. Because I kept trying different drivers, I was convinced it was a hardware issue...i was so frustrated I was about to throw the thing into the lake. (Actually, take it back to best buy, NEVER buy a toshiba again, and make sure I plaster a negative review of this unit on every website I can). But then, I took a breath, backed up my apps to my server (I almost exclusively use portable apps), and then I reset the machine to "out of the box" condition. And guess what? NO MORE ISSUES for the past few weeks! If the issue returns, I will do this same to this forum.
brakker1

Very interesting reading, but no help!  I have the same model and the same trouble:  WiFi drops after computer has been on a while.  I tried everything mentioned here. Talked to the Toshiba techs many times.  Tried all suggested fixes and had tech take control of computer to work his magic but to no avail.  Restored to new condition twice (didn't solve problem) and finally was forced, for other reasons to send it to their repair facilities in Louisville.  Would you believe I still have the same WiFi problem?  Incidentally, we have a router right here in the house and my wife's computer (not a Toshiba) has NEVER dropped connection.  Toshiba, YOU have a problem!

brakker1

Very interesting.  I have the same problem with my M645-S4050, even after sending it back to Toshiba for repairs.  I called Toshiba and they said they couldn't help me any more by phone  but I could send it back to them.  That would be O.K. but I live in the Caribbean and it costs me over a hundred dollars to ship it to the states and have someone reship it to them (and get it back).  Toshiba USA doesn't accept computers for repair from overseas.  I have restored the computer to factory condition twice, installed the latest driver, don't use Kapersky or AVG antivirus and of course have checked the power-saving settings.  When I click on "Open Intel My WiFi Utility", I get a big window that informs me, "A supported Intel wireless network adapter was not found in this computer".  But.......  I can reboot and my connection is restored.   Any suggestions?????

moisesm

Hello
I have a satellite M645 s4070
my problem is with the wifi card is off and no way to turn it down because new drivers and update the bios and still fails to light myself as a user with knowledge in this because I am ing. in computer but can not find how to turn on the wireless. please tell me what to do because this team is again what I have from December 16 and no longer works

VitaminB

I hope your solution works

VitaminB

Every time it happened, I restarted my laptop, but no luck. Then I found that only restore the system work.

Try it. also turn off the power management as above said

oakleaf

[ Edited ]

Agreed...it seems the best solution is to restore it to factory (out of the box) condition. When I first got this machine, it took months before I started having problems. First I noticed it going from 40 to about 4Mbs, then it would turn off on me. After about half a dozen factory restorations over the last several months, I am still having issues with wireless crapping out. Usually it happens after a few days on AC power and usually after a few seconds on battery power. In general it works again after a reboot. So I did one last restoration...this time I am NOT doing any updates...period. Obviously, taking it back to the retailer isn't an option. And I'm not masochistic enough to do an RMA with Toshiba, so let's see how far this solution gets me.  This has been widespread and sufficiently documented for them to have fixed this long ago.

[admin edit to remove Terms of Service violation]

brakker1

Unfortunately there seems to be no solution for this problem.  I've spent hours on the phone with Toshiba's techs and no solution has been found.  Still under warrantee, this computer has been returned for service/repair twice and the problem is still there.  So far they won't even consider a replacement for this lemon, but then.... maybe it isn't a lemon.  Maybe they're ALL that way.  It sure seems that MANY people have this problem.   Too bad the government doesn't initiate a "lemon law" for computers.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Sorry to hear of the ongoing problem.  If tech support cannot resolve the problem and refers you to a depot repair and you have sent it to the depot twice and are still having the same problem, I recommend contacting Customer Service at 800-457-7777 to see how they can help.

Jim