jaqmaia
Accepted Solution

Unable to turn on the wireless communication switch - Please HELP!

Hello,

Wireless connection has not been working since I turned on my computer this morning. It is the first time it happens since I bought this M645-S6045 laptop one year ago.

I tried pressing the Wireless Antenna ON/OFF button located on the System Indicator Panel above the keyboard, but it doesn't show anything on the display and it continues not working the wireless.

The Play/Pause button on the System Indicator Panel is also unresponsive.

I tried also to reinstall the driver, following the suggestion given by Jerry_Lippey in another post, but it didn't get any better.

My internet is fortunately working through the cable/lan but it would be very nice if I could I work again out of my desk.

I will be very glad if anyone can help me!! Please!!  =) 

Occasional Contributor
SandwichGuy

Re: Unable to turn on the wireless communication switch - Please HELP!

Go to:

Computer > Local Disc C: (it's your hard drive) > Program Files (not the one with x86 or x64) > TOSHIBA > TBS

Then look for TBSWireless. Double left click on it until it says ON. That should do the trick.

jaqmaia

FANTASTIC!!! IT WORKS AGAIN! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Occasional Contributor
SandwichGuy

Not a problem :smileyhappy:

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

I thank you too, sandwichguy.  That's still another way to toggle wireless and one I had not heard of before.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
bdcorbitt

You are the man, I've been looking for a solution for days!! Thanks so much!!

JoeStal

You are the Man!!!!!! I've been down 2 weeks looking for a solution. Reloading drivers, resetting restore points, unloading/loading devices. Seems that the bar button just would not turn on the wireless, but that little trick worked immediately and I am back up.

FaronA

I have a similar problem. My keyboard is steadily losing function, and most recently the bottom row stopped working. Not a big deal because I use a wireless keyboard, except that I had the wi-fi turned off via Fn + F8. It's now stuck off. I went into the TOSHIBA folder in program files, but there wasn't a TBSWireless. Help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Satellite L-550 btw.
Peter

Which specific model? Check the label on the bottom, FaronA, for the model and part numbers.

- Peter