mary2009
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect to wireless

I have a Laptop Toshiba Satellite A100/105 Series using Windows XP.  The connection to the wireless was working excellent, but suddently disconnected and now is unable to connect to the wireless network, Airport Utility for Windows version 5.0.  We have 4 more Laptops and a Desktop and they are all working fine.  When I try to make the connection again, I can see the list of networks, including ours, but cannot connect.  I also tried "Repair Wireless Network Connection", but I got a message "Windows could not finish repairing the problem becacuse the following action cannot be completed: Coneccting to the wireless network".   If I place the laptop in front of the Airport, it gets the connection and works fine but once I walk a few steps away, it disconnects again. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Unable to connect to wireless

Which model computer?
-Jerry
mary2009

[ Edited ]

Toshiba Satellite - Model: A105-S2001

Mary

Message Edited by mary2009 on 04-11-2009 05:30 PM
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A105-S2001 

..now is unable to connect to the wireless network

If I place the laptop in front of the Airport, it gets the connection and works fine but once I walk a few steps away, it disconnects again.

Can't hurt to reinstall the wireless driver, Mary.

Atheros Mini PCI Wireless Lan (802.11 a+g/g) Driver for Windows XP

-Jerry
mary2009

Jerry_Lippey wrote:

Satellite A105-S2001 

..now is unable to connect to the wireless network

If I place the laptop in front of the Airport, it gets the connection and works fine but once I walk a few steps away, it disconnects again.

Can't hurt to reinstall the wireless driver, Mary.

Atheros Mini PCI Wireless Lan (802.11 a+g/g) Driver for Windows XP

Thank you, Jerry.  I reintalled the wireless driver, but still the same.  I also used the Atheros Trobleshooting Utility away from the Airport and at the end of the "Test result/report" it says "Solution: Configure the radio card and SSID and other properties".  When I do the test close to the Airport, at the end of the report, it says "Test done: Test Passed, Test completed".  

Mary

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Run through this, Mary. It applies for SP3 as well.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

-Jerry
mary2009

Jerry_Lippey wrote:

Run through this, Mary. It applies for SP3 as well.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Thank you again, Jerry.  I ran the troubleshoot wireless network connections and now I can get the connection from other rooms in the house, but after a few minutes it gets disconnected again even though the wireless network connection says:  Excellent and connected.  I really don't know which procedure from the troubleshoot wireless netcork connections "almost" fixed it.  I also ran "Diagnose Connection Problems" from Internet Explorer and it says "Windows did not detect any problems with your Internet Connection".  I can still get the connection close to the Airport with no problems.

I really appreciate your help and thank you for your patience.

Mary

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey