JustinK

Turn on Wireless Communication Switch?

I have a L755D-S5204 laptop and a few days ago I lost wireless internet. When I use FN+F8 it tells me to turn on the  wireless communications switch. Does anyone know how to turn on the wireless communication switch? There is no physical switch on my laptop, and I don't know how to turn it on through software. Any help will be appreciated!

gambetsian

Re: Turn on Wireless Communication Switch?

I have the same problem only my Toshiba model is C660-11R, but Im wondering why nobody reply from this problem. 

JustinK

With my problem, I contacted Toshiba's tech support. There technician told me to check a few things (that I have already done) and couldn't fix the problem. Then, I talked to a Senior Technician. He got into my computer remotely and uninstalled then reinstalled some things, double checked some things, etc. BUT nothing worked. He said if it was a hardware issue, the device manager would say so in most cases, and mine said the Wi-Fi card was fine. He also said, as a last resort, if nothing he did worked, if it is a software issue, then the guaranteed fix is to restore your computer to out-of-the-box settings.

I saved my files, and started the restore. When it was done, I just restarted the computer one last time, and BAM! It works.

Wish I didn't lose some of my files, but this is a new computer so I didn't lose too much.

I'm just super happy that my Wireless works now!

I hope it doesn't happen to me anytime soon again, and I hope that you can find a solution to your problem without having to do a complete system restore.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Justin--Great to hear you got your problem fixed.  I knew we were down to the point the other day that restoring to out-of-box was the only option left but didn't have the heart to recommend it hoping that someone else could come up with something. I recently had to do that myself because of some MS update problems so wouldn't wish that on anyone.  However, when that's all that is left and it works, it's not so bad after all.

Anyhow, now you can take it anywhere you want to for a change.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
jdrall

I had the same issue with the wireless communication switch within a couple hours of buying my new Toshiba L755D-S5218. I tried everything yesterday even returning to the out of box state. Nothing worked that I tried. The technician today fixed it within about 10 minutes of calling. If you go to the bios utilities. For my laptop pushing f2 at the boot up gets you to the screen you need. There he had me reset the hardware to default and save the changes. After the reboot everything worked as normal. Hope this works as well with the other models.