dj722000

Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5130 Sm Bus Controller

Just tell me what I need to do step by step for this SM Bus Controller. I am tired of running around looking for it. Apparently it controls the WIFI as well becuase the driver for that is installed but not working. Use to be a nice comp until about 6 months ago and everything is dyeing slowly on it. Obviously right after warranty. Nice. Sound was first, then the video, then internet connection which kicks me off, then I have to trouble shoot it after it wakes up, then mess with it before it comes back on. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Help or it is going to become a $600 target for practice. LOL

Regular Contributor
delbert

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5130 Sm Bus Controller

What are those troubleshooting steps you take to get it back up?  Are you looking for a driver?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5130 Sm Bus Controller

Satellite L755D-S5130

Downloads here

SM Bus Controller is supported by the chipset software. You might try reinstalling that. But It's unlikely to have anything to do with the WiFi.

Probably best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. For instructions, see the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 62 of the User's Guide.

Satellite/Satellite Pro L700 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry