livefusion

Toshiba Satelite Wifi Switch Not Working

Hi all i must say after buying my Toshiba Laptop it was one of the greatest buys ever, recently i have formatted the computer and put windows 7 Ultimate and now my wifi switch will not turn off my wifi signal, the wifi still remains on even when the switch is turned to the off position, i have installed all the drivers for the computer.

The computer is the Toshiba Satelite L305D-S5974

Thank You.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Satelite Wifi Switch Not Working

Satellite L305D-S5974 

i have formatted the computer and put windows 7 Ultimate

now my wifi switch will not turn off my wifi signal

Seems like a very common problem when 64-bit Windows 7 is installed. Search the forum.

It may depend upon the order of installation. You might try reinstalling some things.

I don't see the 64-bit Windows 7 TVAP for that model. Did you locate it?

-Jerry
livefusion

Re: Toshiba Satellite Wifi Switch Not Working

Sorry I forgot to specify, but it is the 32 bit version of ultimate and thank you for such a quick reply, I did manage to locate the Toshiba Value Package Installer for the 32 bit, and it did install the flash cards, I am able to turn of the wifi with Fn+F8, sorry if I did not make my self clear, but there is an actual switch on the bottom of the laptop that has a orange wifi signal, but when I switch that switch to the off position is that supposed to turn off the wifi or is that for something else?

Thank You again.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

That switch looks to me like it should work. But if everything else is okay, I wouldn't sweat it.

-Jerry
livefusion

Thats true i could always just use the FN keys to turn it off, it is kind of a bummer that it does not work.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Wouldn't hurt to uninstall the TVAP, reboot, and reinstall it. Stranger things have happened.

-Jerry
livefusion

Just tried your suggestion with no success, what other errors could be causing this to happen? I believe ever since I reformatted it this has been the only time that I have ever really messed with the switch.

Regular Contributor
mikie39

This problem usually shows up when the laptop has been opened up for repair and the tech hasn't paid close enough attention to the physical alignment of the WIFI switch.  It has a little plastic tab that has to be aligned right or the switch isn't engaged at all.

Just saw your post - sorry for the late reply.  Hope you have had it fixed, it is a simply re-alignment "5 min" job.

Enjoy,

Mike