buru2010

Toshiba Laptops And Wi-fi Connection Problems

I have a Toshiba Satellite P505D-S8930 laptop that runs windows 7 64 bit. I upgraded from Vista  to Wiindows 7 Home Premium.The only issue that I have with this laptop is the wi-fi lost connections that are prevalent in this forum. I am tired of enabling wi-fi connection each time I lose connection while using this laptop. I have tried all solutions in this forum and changed the channels. Nothing work.

This issue is prevalent with Toshiba laptops. Toshiba ,i am sure , is aware of this problem and yet have not done anything to fix it. It has gotten so bad that I went ahead and bought a backup laptop. I use my backup laptop each time i run into this problem. I made sure the backup is not a Toshiba. So far, I have never run into any issue with dropped wi-fi connection with the backup laptop.btw, both laptops are sitting side by side and the toshba laptop is more expensive.

I will never spend my money on a toshiba laptop anymore.

Lazytech

Re: Toshiba Laptops And Wi-fi Connection Problems

Have you tried to check everything? like firewall settings? and just to let you know if you do have a expired anti virus it could affect the performance of your wireless connection.

buru2010

I checked all my settings . I disabled my firewall, disabled my anti-virus software. Same problem.

Lazytech

If you have everything checked under the settings, maybe its just a simple thing. Like wireless switch, or you might need to activate the wireless capability of your laptop by pressing FN+F8. If that dosent work you might need to update the wireless driver of your wireless card. If none of this works i believe you have a bad wireless card.