Setting up Internet Access

Hello.Just bought laptop with

Wireless LAN*Realtek 802.11b/g wireless-LAN & LAN10/100 Ethernet LAN

Can someone help me set up access?

I'm new to this....   Thanks

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Setting up Internet Access

see if this will help windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Setting-up-a-wireless-network

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
pw2
pw2

in referenence to question above. I  dont know if you got yours setup, but I am  havibg  same problem and need  help.. I have  a toshiba L-455D-S5976.. using Windows 7 laptop.I cant seem to get my laptop set up. Have  a netgear router. thibnk is a  combination for Ethernet and wireless. right noe  I have it  hooked up to my  desktop Hp. windows xp.I went  and did setup for what I thought  was wireless.using netgear  instructions..using  what the  xp  as host  computer .i am  now  using Ethernet connection to get online  , but I want  to  setup  wireless.  shows on  laptop that connections are available  . i  must  be doing  something  wrong. anybody that can help  please  i  appreciate it .

willjackson

Hi there,

If your setting up a network basically the setup would be modem-router-laptop that wired connected then run the disk that came with the router it will guide you on how to properly setup your router once the router is properly setup you may cconnect your laptop to the wireless network.