GTR
GTR
Accepted Solution

Satellite P755 WiFi and Eco button not working

Hi,

The touch button on keyboard for WiFi and the Eco function is not working since yesterday but other buttons such as Mute, Volume + and - are working. If I press the WiFi touch button, it glows for a while then turns off (the WiFi icon Off or On does not show on the screen) while the Eco button function does not work at all.  This is causing me problems because I cannot switch on the WiFi now. Even the Fn + F8 does not turn on the WiFi. The LAN connection is working well though.

I suspect something went wrong with the Eco and the WiFi touch button when I put the computer to sleep with the Eco button switched on. Now I can only switch on the Eco function using the Toshiba Utility tool (the Eco touch button turns green but I cannot turn it off using the touch panel, only using the Utility). Is there a way to switch on the WiFi other than using the touch button?

I already reinstalled the WiFi driver but no positive results yet.

Peter

Re: Satellite P755 WiFi and Eco button not working

What's the full model and part numbers? Check the label on the bottom.

- Peter
GTR
GTR

Peter wrote:

What's the full model and part numbers? Check the label on the bottom.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the late reply.

The model is Satellite P755 and part number is PSAY3L-0FW03J. I bought this in Malaysia.

I also noticed that the Satellite logo light on the bottom left does not light up anymore. Wondering if all these issues are linked.

Thanks!

Peter

Normally I'd suggest you turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections, and then reinstall TVAP (Toshiba Value-Added Package). However, I don't have a direct link to the version of TVAP for your model. This site is part of Toshiba USA and only supports products from this region.

- Peter
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

GTR
GTR

Hi Peter and Jerry,

Thank you for your solutions :smileyhappy:

I have switched off as suggested, then uninstalled and reinstalled the Value Added package software. Now the Eco button, the Wifi and the Satellite light are all working! 

The link to the new TVAP driver is not working so I used the TVAP software already available in my Notebook in the Toshiba folder. I have sent a complaint to Toshiba regarding the link. Hope to update my current TVAP once they get the link working.

Thank You again!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

GTR, the link in Jerry's last post works for me.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
GTR
GTR

cbwilsha wrote:

GTR, the link in Jerry's last post works for me.

C.B.

Sorry, haven't been precise. The Download link from Jerry's link was not working but Toshiba has fixed it already. Downloading it right now :smileyhappy:

g-lo

Hello I have a toshiba satellite p755-s5182 that the wifi is not working and cannot connect throught the internet unless i'm connected to an ethernet cable. Can you please help me solve this problem? 

thanks.