anonymous2014

Satellite P55-A5312 wifi card upgrade

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased an Intel 7260HMW dual band AC wireless card to upgrade the single band 2230 Wireless-N card that comes stock. I've replaced these before in other laptops, but never in a Toshiba. Before I start ripping it open at the seams, I want to make sure there aren't any surprises. Does anyone have a service manual, or guide to disassembling a Toshiba P50 series laptop? I've searched Google and Youtube for videos and turned up nothing. Surely I'm not the only one interested in upgrading the wireless card or perhaps the hard drive?

doctosh

Re: Satellite P55-A5312 wifi card upgrade

Opening the p55-a5312.

- Remove all the rubber stoppers on the bottom of the laptop.  They have small letters on them so you can replace them easily.  The ones near the monitor hinge have stickies.  Ignore the 4 larger rubber stands.

- Unscrew all the screws.

- Gently pry the laptop open from the power plug side.

- See pictures below.

Keywords: ssd, swap, open, p55, a5312, satellite, toshiba.

Tuesdaychild

Will this void your warranty? Just purchased a P50 with Intel 2230 card and I'd like to upgrade.

doctosh

I'm sure it would void your warranty, but if you're careful, there's no way to tell... there aren't any "do not remove stickers" etc.

Partagas150

Hey there...

I personally want to thank you for the Pic's.... 

I have sreached all over the web for a service manual... no luck at all!!!  

With a good look at your laptop P55 , I was able o my upgrades.. 480gb SSD, 16gb Ram...

Only issue, is that my hard drive caddy is not being reconigised by PC... still need to look into that...

Again i thank you Sir

Have a great day