chorti
Accepted Solution

Satellite M55-S325, wireless not working (Wi-Fi)

I have had my laptop for 4 years and we bought a new router several months ago and everything was working fine.  I recently had to reformat my harddrive since my laptop was freezing up on me.  I have installed all the software again to the computer and have done all the updates, but for some reason the wi-fi does not want to work.  I have a portable iPod that has wi-fi and it is connecting to the iPod, my husband's computer is connecting to the internet but for some reason mine won't.  When I open Intel PROSet/Wireless and try connecting to our wireless network at home I get a message saying, "Another application is controlling the wireless adapter".  I have checked all the possible solutions I am aware of, but maybe I am missing something?  At the moment I have to have the ethernet cable plugged in in order to use the computer.

Any suggestions?

Chorti

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite M55-S325, wireless not working (Wi-Fi)

Satellite M55-S325 

You installed this wifi driver and client?

Intel(R) 802.11a/b/g,b/g Driver V10.5.1.59/V9.0.4.17 & PROSet V10.5.0.1

Work your way carefully through this Microsoft document. It's the same for SP3.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Be sure to troubleshoot with security turned off.

-Jerry
chorti

That was all that it needed was to update the driver and client!  Thank you so much!  I had tried the other document and read through it and according to all the documentation the old driver was working properly but once I updated from the other link you gave me it worked! 

Thank you sooooooooooooo much.

Chorti

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You're quite welcome, Chorti. Happy to learn the wireless is okay now.
-Jerry
baz
baz

have you tried Synchronising your laptop with the software that came with your router?