BkLaty

Satellite L655-S5096 Wireless Driver

Help! I had to rebuild my HDD and I can't find a wireless driver that works in the downloads area of the Toshiba Tech Support.  Or maybe, there is something special I need to do.  Another problem is I have no idea which wireless adapter I have.  Any suggestions??

Toshiba Laptop L655-S5096

O/S Win 7 Ultimate 64b

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite L655-S5096 Wireless Driver

Satellite L655-S5096 

..rebuild my HDD

What that?

Best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

Win 7 Ultimate 64b

Then upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate using Anytime Upgrade. It takes only a few minutes. And all the drivers are already in place.

Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

-Jerry
BkLaty

Thanks Jerry, appreciate the response; however, I no longer have the original media and would rather not go through the process of ordering, waiting for and getting someone to receive the delivery of a replacement.  There must be a way of narrowing the 5 wifi devices to the one actually in my machine - then i can go after a driver that works.  Unfortunately, Belarc only identifies devices that are fully installed.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I have no idea which wireless adapter I have.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Network adapters. Do you see an Atheros, Broadcom, Intel, or Realtek wireless device?

-Jerry