liboyi

Satellite L455D-S5976 Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter "DHCP is not enabled" Msg

I run my Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Everytime the laptop is in range of my home Wireless network Access Point, it does not connect and access the Internet automatically as it should.

I have now managed to get a workaround this problem by: -

1 Right clicking the Network connection icon in the Task Bar

2 Opening the networking and sharing center

3 Clicking change adapter settings

4 Right clicking Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN Adapter

5 Clicking Properties

6 Clicking TCP/IP(V4) Properties

7 Entering an IP address

8 Checking Validate upon exit and OK. 

Invariably, the system troubleshoots and displays the message " DHCP is not enable  ...... Fixed". The access is then automatically realized, with automatic IP address settings!

I have to repeat the 8-step process everytime I switch off and restart the machine. You will agree carrying out this ritual a couple of times you get bored. Can any good Samaritan who's had a similar problem please show me the light or point me to the right direction, please!

Liboyi

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite L455D-S5976 Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter "DHCP is not enab

Satellite L455D-S5976 

You didn't say anything about reinstalling the driver. Can't hurt to try them both.

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64) (Version 2.00.0006.L_090829 - Released 10/23/09)

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64) (Version 2.00.0006 - Released 10/07/09)

-Jerry
liboyi

Re: Satellite L455D-S5976 Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter "DHCP is not enable

Hi Jerry_Lippey

Thanks much for quick response. I've installed both drivers one at a time starting with the more recent  one and restarted the system each time. Unfortunately both the changes had no no effect on my problem. Nevertheless as you intimated, I now have more uptodate drivers.

I hope you or anyone else following this thread will continue to search for a solution to my problem.

Liboyi

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite L455D-S5976 Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter "DHCP is not enab

There's lots you don't tell us.

Everytime the laptop is in range of my home Wireless network Access Point, it does not connect..

What happens at other wireless locations?

What are you connecting to at home?

Do you have these settings? (Pictures are from 32-bit Windows 7.)

-Jerry
liboyi

We're connected to a CISCO AIRONET 1200 SERIES - WIRELESS ACCESS POINT. I haven't had the opportunity to try the laptop near other Wireless networks but will certainly try after the May 2 holiday and advise you. Yes the settings your picture shows are the settings I have.

Liboyi

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Until we know what happens elsewhere, we don't know if the home network is involved in the problem.

What is the Cisco access point connected to? What else connects to the access point wirelessly?

-Jerry