wlngs19

Satellite A505-S6980 Wi-fi Problems

I have Windows 7 and up until yesterday evening I was able to connect via wireless connection.  I looked and my wireless adapter is no where even though the wireless light is on.  I can connect via ethernet cable and my other computers one with XP and one with Mac O/S connect wirelessly just fine.  I have looked and am stuck right now asw what to do.  Please help.  Thnxs

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite A505-S6980 Wi-fi Problems

Satellite A505-S6980 

I looked and my wireless adapter is no where even though the wireless light is on.

There is a new Realtek driver that claims..

Changes From Previous Version

1. Fixed: The Wireless LAN card stops working and can not be detected by the system.

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

-Jerry
Victoro87

had the same problem whit the wireless but thx to that driver i got it fixed , but still i got a BUNCH of stuff on network that has the ! symbol on in (This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) )  do u know if theres any driver for the ethernet LAN driver? coz the driver u gave us is only for the wireless :smileyvery-happy:

buckjohnsonus

[ Edited ]

I just got my laptop back.  Couldn't see the wireless card in device manager, updated the bios, installed the newest driver, completely reloaded Windows and nothing worked.  Found the link below and they put a different model card in for $100 and I haven't had a problem since.  I think Toshiba just got a bad part.

Toshiba-Satellite-A505-S6980-wireless

johnd3614

I have the same model laptop and the same exact problem. There is no wireless card detected in the device manager. I went to that site, Jerry, and downloaded the driver you said to and then installed it. Nothing happened after I installed the driver. It extracted the files and then installed and when I hit "finsih" nothing changed. Still no card detected in the device manager. Any help is appreciated thanks!

-John

jvandy50

is there another wireless card that's cheaper than the $100 option listed above?

mine has just started doing this and this is the LAST possible option i can think of.  don't really wana get another laptop as i like this one, but it is really giving me fits