earz
Accepted Solution

Satellite A205 - LAN/wi-fi works, but no internet

Trying to fix a friends laptop. Its a Satellite A205-S4577 with Vista (32). I can connect to my Linksys wireless router and see all the other computers/shared files on my network, but cannot get to the internet. All the other devices that use this router connect to the internet fine. He brought me this laptop because he was having problems getting it to connect to his wireless router at home. I thought it may be a driver issue - and there was a Microsoft ISATAP #2 driver under 'Network Adapters' that had a yellow exclamation mark on it. I googled it, and apparently it's not relevant. Someone suggested to uninstall it via right click and restart the laptop. I did, and it's gone completely...but apparently it's not used anyway?

I tried connecting to my router via ethernet cable, but that too won't let me get to the internet. The notification area (by the clock) just shows the double monitor icon. When I hover the mouse over it, it says 'Unidentified Network Access: Local Only' 

Thinking there may be an issue with the drivers, I downloaded the most current drivers from the downloads page and transferred them to the broken laptop via USB drive. Still no change. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite A205 - LAN/wi-fi works, but no internet

earz

That got it. Thanks. I'm going to keep that info handy.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Great!

-Jerry