Ava
Ava

Satelite L305D-S5934 Wireless not connecting to Internet via Atheros

Help with wireless connection...

My Satellite L305D-S5934  Vista Premium connects to network, but not to internet.  I have run diagnostics to no avail.  I have contacted ISP for hours this past week, and they wanted me to test my computer at another wirless network.  Took it to work and did not connect to wireless network, but hardwired network it did.  Tested at home, and hard-wire network worked, but was also kicked off private network and automatically changed to Public network.

Reset computer back to Factory 'out of box' specs, see ok except wireless still does not work.  Had the comptuer for 4 weeks.  2 weeks wireless worked.  3rd week on and off, 4th week not at all.  after 2 attempts to reset computer to facotry specs, numerous times to restore, nothing works to correct problem.

It has Atheros wireless LAN.  Our ISP sent new modem/router, and this did not work.  We were also using Trend Micro Anti-Virus.  Possible software conflict?

If anyone has ideas please let me know ASAP as I would like to use my wireless Satellite laptop not  wired.

Thank you for any advice?  Level 2 & 3 techs and InfoTech staff are puzzled also.

techtrippin

Re: Satelite L305D-S5934 Wireless not connecting to Internet via Atheros

Since you had reset the NB to factory settings and still have problems connecting thru wifi, then there might be a problem w/ the built-in wireless card. If the NB is still in warranty, pls take it to the nearest Toshiba Authorized Service Provider so it can be checked or repaired.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L305D-S5934 

connects to network, but not to internet.

I would like to use my wireless Satellite laptop not  wired. 

Is the above correct?

You can connect to the internet when wired, but not when wireless?

But you can connect to a local network via wireless?

-Jerry
Ava
Ava

Yes, at home and at work, connects to modem, but will not connect to internet via wireless.  It will connect when hard-wired.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I'm trying to learn whether it connects to a local network via wireless. Or does the wireless just plain not work at all?

If the latter, start here.

Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks

Have you had trouble connecting to a wireless access point that other Vista machines can connect to?

-Jerry
Ava
Ava

After hard-wiring at home for a couple of hours, we pullled the plug and let it run wireless.  Then we disconnected from internet, and reconnected again.  then we rebooted the computer, and we were still able to get the internet wireless.  It has been three days, and we are still able to connect wireless.

So, I had reset the computer to original 'out of the box' specs--twice.  Hard-wired to find network and connected to internet.  Everything seems fine so far.  This time before installing Trend Micro Antivirus, I removed the Norton software preloaded, then loaded Trend.  I am not sure a conflict had existed, but I'll try this for now.  All is well for now.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It has been three days, and we are still able to connect wireless.

Thanks for the report of your activity.

Hope it holds up!

-Jerry