Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

SATELLITE C660 - 1M0 Bluetooth !!

Hello,

Does this laptop has a built-in wifi Bluetooth or do I just need a Bluetooth dongle??

I just bought one but I can't connect my Wiimote....!!!

When I inserted the USB Bluetooth dongle it told me that your device is installed and ready to use....

When I wanted to add a device a Right-Clicked the Bluetooth icon in the windows Taskbar and then clicked Add a device and then this windows appears... Look at screenshot 2

I keep pressing 1+2 buttons in my Wiimote but nothing happens.... Look at screenshot 1

Also the "Allow to connect a Device" is not shown in the Right-Click menu... Look at Screenshot 1

What does this mean, please?

Does it mean that the Bluetooth driver is not properly installed in Windows?

Few questions..

Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

Re: SATELLITE C660 - 1M0 Bluetooth !!

Windows can't install the Bluetooth Stack driver, please any help???

I always get this mesage notification....

Device driver software was not successfully installed

Bluetooth USB Controller-10 from TOSHIBA        X Failed

How am I going to install any Wireless device then...???

Look at the screenshot..

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

SATELLITE C660-1M0

That model does have the Bluetooth hardware.

What do you find in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)?

You can reinstall the stack from here.

Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, 22/06/11

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

Hello,

What do you mean by it has the Bluetooth hardware?

So, I don't need a USB Bluetooth dongle?????

Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

Hello,

I downloaded the latest Bluetooth Stack driver in the link you provided...

I also downloaded the hotfix(Recommended for Bluetooth users)..

Now while installing the driver I get another error message:

Look at Screenshot "Capture"

Device driver software was not successfully installed

Bluetooth RFBUS      X Failed

And look at the Device Manager I got two has exclamation marks:- Look at screenshot 1

Bluetooth RFBUS

Bluetooth RFCOMM

Now what's the problem, Jerry?

Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

[ Edited ]

And after the installation when I try to run the Bluetooth which appear in the WIndows Tasbar...

I get a message " Bluetooth is not ready "......Look at screenshot 3.

And also look at the Device Manager all the 3 now has exclamation marks!!!

And when I double click one of them , this message is in the Device status:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19)..... Look at screenshot 2

Now, what's the problem, please?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Yes, you don't need the dongle.

Code 19: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the reg...

That's a tough one. Have you ever done registry surgery?

In the meantime, it won't hurt to try this Fix it.

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

Hello,

I have taken the laptop to a store here in Kuwait and told him the internal Built-in Bluetooth is not working and that I have downloaded the latest version of the Bluetooth Stack driver, he told me it's a hardware problem from the inside of the machine, the Bluetooth hardware inside needs to be replaced...

Do you think so?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

he told me it's a hardware problem from the inside of the machine, the Bluetooth hardware inside needs to be replaced...  Do you think so?

That may be true. But Code 19 usually indicates a registry conflict. If you're not familiar with the registry, you may not want to mess around with it. If you do, I can give you instructions.

Have you burned the Toshiba recovery discs? See the section Creating Recovery Media on p. 1-12 of the User's Manual (attached).

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

Hi Jerry..

You remember the day when I told you that I bought this new laptop and then I removed the original Home Premium Windows 7 from it and installed a new Windows 7 Ultimate....

Now the TOSHIBA company here in Kuwait has taken my laptop and a big problem happened......

They deleted all my data in the Local Disk D:/

They formatted the whole HDD and re-installed the Original Windows 7 - Home Premium

They have told me that in order to make the Bluetooth work, the original Windows 7 Home Premium that comes with the laptop should be installed and I shouldn't use other Windows 7 versions they told me the Bluetooth will not work in another Windows 7 than the OEIGINAL Home Premium...

Is that really true Jerry??

What if I wanted to install Windows 7 Ultimate or any other custom Windows.....

Also look at this, When I see the system information by Right-Clicking Computer, I see that:

System type: 64-bit Operating System... Look at image 1

Also look at this:

Inside C:/

I see 2 Program Files folder

Program Files

Program Files (x86)

Look at image 2...

What does this mean Jerry?

The last question,

I notice in Local Disk D:/

the HDDRecovery is stored in there...

Look at image 3...

What if I used the recovery discs to re-install the Wndows???

Doesn't using the recovery backup delete all the HDD??

If that so, then that means the HDDRecovery folder which is in D:/ will be deleted as well...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

They deleted all my data in the Local Disk D:/

They formatted the whole HDD and re-installed the Original Windows 7 - Home Premium

Yes, they always restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media first thing. That's how they check the hardware. If the original checked-out software works, then the hardware is okay.

Never give away your computer for anything without backing everything up.

They have told me that in order to make the Bluetooth work, the original Windows 7 Home Premium that comes with the laptop should be installed and I shouldn't use other Windows 7 versions they told me the Bluetooth will not work in another Windows 7 than the OEIGINAL Home Premium...

Well, that's not really so. But it's best to rely on the originally installed drivers that already work. You may not be installing them all or in the correct order. If you want to upgrade Windows, do it this way.

Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

I see 2 Program Files folder

Program Files

Program Files (x86)

You don't need to know about all of these details. If you do, google for them. But I'll answer this one.

In order for 64-bit Windows to run 32-bit programs, many changes of this sort have been made. The Program Files (x86) folder contains 32-bit applications. The Program Files folder contains 64-bit applications.

Similarly, in the Windows directory you'll see a SysWOW64 folder for 32-bit modules and System32 for 64-bit.

What if I used the recovery discs to re-install the Wndows???

Doesn't using the recovery backup delete all the HDD??

If that so, then that means the HDDRecovery folder which is in D:/ will be deleted as well... 

When you restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media, the entire disk is restored. That includes the partition which contains the recovery image.

Maybe that answers the question.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

Oh thank you so much Jerry!!

So the pre-installed windows contains the feature to run both 32-applications and 64-applications?

So, you advise me it's better not to install another windows??

Because I have also notised that when I install another windows it tells me to choose which one do I want to install?

86-bit or 64-bit....

So, would be better if I sticked with this Windows???

But it's frustrating Jerry...

Everytime I use the Recovery media the HDD will be deleted....

What if I have a lot of things in my D:

Everytime I will transfer them to a flash or external HDD??

This takes a lot of time until its transfered...

Is there a solution for this please?

Can I use the recovery media without deleting the D:/?

Also, what does Recovery mean???

Does this mean that when I use the recovery media it installs the Windows with the installed programs that were installed in the previous windows before the recovery was used?

For example,

I have installed Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, Microsoft Word, Photoshop....

And then I used the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator and then I used it....

Will it install a new windows with these programs installed??

What if the Windows had some viruses and then when I used the recovery, will it install a new windows with these viruses in the old windows??

Or does it delete the HDD and install a new Windows with all the TOSHIBA drivers installed?

Finally,

How can I use this recovery media?

The store told me that I launch the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator application.

And then insert a DVD.

Then after it finishes, then it will ask me to insert another DVD...

After I burn these 2 discs, how can I use them???

I use them just like I use the disc to install a new windows from the boot menu??

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I can't spend the time to teach you everything. Please see your computer's User Manual, which I have attached to this message. It explains how to create and use the Toshiba recovery discs.

When you restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media, everything added since then is replaced. So it disappears.

Best to create recovery images from the current state of the drive using Windows tools. We do this every single day.

How to Create a System Image Backup in Windows 7

How to Do a System Image Recovery in Windows 7

Again, restoring either of the images above will completely wipe out everything on the disk and replace it. That includes Yahoo messenger and computer viruses.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AmgedIsmail

Hello Jerry again,

Today I left the laptop turned on, using Zain-eGo USB Internet Broadband and went to the other room, and no more than 5 minutes have passed and when I looked at the laptop, it freezes all of a sudden, I move the mouse, nothing happens , I press the CAPS and Num keys on the keyboard nothing happens(The lamp doesn't turn on) when I press those keys.....

It's alll that Windows freezed...

What is that problem please?

Is it a hardware related issue???

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

it freezes all of a sudden,..

What is that problem please? Is it a hardware related issue???

There's no way for us to know.

The only way to tell is to restore the hard drive. Please read my previous messages.

-Jerry