Fábio

New Toshiba Satellite P-755 Wi-Fi problems

So, I just bought this new toshipa laptop yesterday. I came home and tried to connect it to my wi-fi network.
It doesn't recnogise the network but it can connect perfectly by ethernet cable. The troubleshoot says it could be a problmem with the wireless adapter or the hotspot, although I can connect perfectly to the network with my older toshiba.
From what I saw from older posts, the solution was getting a new router and I was wandering if there was no other way?

Thank you for your time.

I apprecciate an answer soon. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: New Toshiba Satellite P-755 Wi-Fi problems

I was wandering if there was no other way?

Try it at a local public hotspot.

I can connect perfectly to the network with my older toshiba. 

Some older routers that work just fine with Windows XP do not with Windows Vista or 7. Some have firmware updates. Go to the manufacturer's website to check.

Which P755?

-Jerry
Fábio

Okay so it's like this. My older toshiba was windows vista and I installed windows 7 and it can still connect.
Apparently until now the P755 can connect to any other network wiressly except for my own.

It's a P755-103 and the Wi-Fi adapter is Atheros AR9002WB-1NG.

The other difference between the Toshibas OS is that the older one has Windows 7 32bit and the new one has the 64bit.

I may actually call for tech support of my internet provider and ask them to switch the router and even maybe configure the network again this time in the new laptop. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P755-103 (PSAY3E-00K00GEP)

What happens when you turn off the router's security?

Won't hurt to reinstall the driver.

Atheros Wireless LAN Adapter driver for Windows 7 (32/64), 9.2.0.316.0, 08/06/11

atheros-wlan-win7-9203160.zip

-Jerry
Fábio

I've tried reinstalling the driver but it was the same.

Now about taking out the security, I hadn't thnk about that. There's one problem, I'll end up calling tech support because this router was setup by the internet provider company when I was kind of abroad so I have no idea how to turn off the security and also if I really can do it.

From what I'm able to understand about this problem is that the wireless adapter and the router are having problems communicating with eachother só the replacement of the router or even configuring the network again but in the new laptop may do the trick.

Thank you for your time. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Apparently until now the P755 can connect to any other network wiressly except for my own. 

1. "..until now"? Does this mean it did connect at one time?

2. "..can connect to any other network wiressly"? Have you really tried it?

-Jerry
kcob95

Jerry, I saw your post above and was wondering if my problem may be the same.  Just bought new P755-S5320 and was unable to connect to wi-fi in the airport.  Previous Toshiba A505-S6960 had no issues.  Are there a few clicks I can perform to get my wi-fi up.  Wireless network in home works fine so I'm wondering if there is a simple step I failed to perform.

Thanks

Kyle

flaredragno

I have a P755 S5320 too, and its wifi does not work. It say its missing wireless adaptor or something.