shey

Laptop can not connect to the network

I have a Satellite L635-SP3003L and a couple of weeks ago the wifi is not working well, the laptop recognizes the networks around me but it can not connect to them. The message of O.S. is "Windows can not connect to the network" (Windows no se puede conectar a la red) I have other devices (smartphones, other laptops) that work well with the network I tried everything but I have no idea what happen I need help. Thanks

Peter

Re: Laptop can not connect to the network

If you open Device Manager (search for it in the Start menu if you need) and expand "Network adapters," what's listed?

If you're running off of battery only when attempting to connect, try connecting to AC power.

If you boot into Safe Mode with Networking, can it connect?

- Peter
shey

Hi Peter

In networks adapters is listed:

Adaptador de minipuerto wifi virtual De Microsoft

Adaptador de red Broadcom 802.11n

Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Also there are two virtual adapters because I have vmware installed

I tried connected with the AC power

I Tried boot in safe mode with networking and It can't connect

Thanks for helping me :smileyhappy:

Peter

Try reinstalling this driver.

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver(v5.60.48.35; 03-04-2010; 16.22M)

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
pinoywasp

Hi Shey,

The message "Windows is unable to connect to..." is indicative that the MAC address filtering in the router is enabled.

If it is not, just powercycle both the laptop and the router (remove all sources of power) then try again.

HTH.

shey

Hi Peter

I tried to reinsta the driver, but it still does not work :smileysad: I gett he same message

If you have other idea please tell me. thankks

shey

It is strange because any other device can connect to the network, and I can not access to filter adresses, I mean, just the network operator is supposed to do it.

Peter

Is there any network at all that you can connect to, such as a public network at a coffee shop perhaps?

- Peter
shey

Recently I connected to a smartphone that can be used as a modem, but I can´t connect to my home network. It is too weird because I bought this laptop 2 years ago and this is the only problem I had :smileysad: 

I don´t know what to do, I really need the benefits of the wifi.

Thanks

Peter

It seems strange that you can connect to other wireless networks but not your home network.

Try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

- Peter
shey

I tried it many times, but it still does not  work . The connection stopped when an update of windows finished (A message of windows update show up), so I tried it in that moment and many times after then, any other clue?

Peter

Sorry, but I don't know of any other easy solutions. You could try a full recovery, which would wipe all your personal data off the laptop and restore it to factory default conditions. That's a great way to determine whether it's a software or hardware problem. If the problem is gone, it must have been software. If the problem is still there, then it must be a hardware failure of some sort. Unfortunately, it's also a drastic solution.

- Peter